Friday, February 2, 2007

Happy Edward Birthday?

I promise that I'm going to write a real post about my birthday, but this was just too good to wait on until tomorrow.
Thanks to my roommates, Edward Cullen (of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight) appeared in birthday greetings throughout the day. On the mirror there was a top 10 list of reasons why they think I'm amazing - number 2 was that I introduced them to Edward. Lili drew him into my birthday card and her actual present to me is an awesome picture of me with Edward. (The sketch is here, which I hope is okay with Lili, and she's still working on the color version.)Mandy gave me a hardback copy of Twilight because I know that I won't be able to wait for the paperbacks when the new books come out, so why fight it? (Besides, the waiting list for my book is long, so I can loan out the paperback forever and keep the new one on hand for reference.)
But what may have been the greatest thing ever came from Jeff Ribeira and Drew Mackay, who went to great lengths to create an Edward action figure. Since they couldn't find a vampire action figure, they made their own - Batman's Robin with some extra special accessories, like "mind reading goggles!" and "heat/blood sensing binoculars!" not to mention the "cape!" made of toilet paper with a "V" on the back. They'd very carefully covered up the batman symbol and replaced it with "Edward" and they'd opened it to include everything that they felt was missing. Besides the hair color, he looks quite a lot like our Edward. :)
We found him a friend when the party was over - my other action figure. We decided since Bella loves Jane Austen, she'd approve. Now Edward is wearing his toilet paper cape and holding Jane's hand. Awesome.
More to come on the real birthday festivities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

edward has already found his love in plastic... this is not what we created him for. plastic has no blood, note for all as well, edward is for 21 + (sorry Lili)