I might be a little bit obsessed with this music video and song - Josh Ritter's "The Curse." It's awesome. Sorry that it doesn't fit on the blog correctly. You can't go wrong with a love story between a mummy and an archeologist.
Also, playing with the new blogger design options. Sorry if it changes multiple times in the next few days.
4 comments:
The beauty about Google reader is that the formatting gets nixed, so your post looks fine!
I found this video to be creepy/moving/weird/sad.
Can I just say, in a completely unrelated comment, how glad I am that you're blogging again? Even if it isn't as regular as in times of yore. It is just nice to have you in the blogosphere again.
Change is always good, and I like the lemons. Light, bright, refreshing--I love citrus!
I also love Josh Ritter. He's pretty much all I listen to lately. Sadly, I must admit, that I don't love "The Curse" the way you do. I do like it the more I listen to it though. My top songs are "Girl in the War," "Change of Time," and "Long Shadows."
It's cool, Greg. I think I love it because of the mummy thing - and the video really did push it over the edge for me, especially the end where she looks like the picture on the sarcophagus. It reminds me of Sting's "Moon Over Bourbon Street." I've always loved the metaphors you can get out of monster/human love stories.
Also - "The Temptation of Adam" and "Another New World" are some of my favorites so far, but I have lots of Josh to discover still. Thanks for the suggestions.
Post a Comment