Friday, November 19, 2010

Almost there

I am currently 28 days (today is, in my book practically over) away from my wedding to this man: 


I know, right? (This is from Skype. He was showing me the pictures of me he printed out for his desk.) 




Also, he looks great in a sweater vest. 

This also means I am 5 days away from seeing my family for Thanksgiving, 3 weeks away from leaving Bloomington and grad school behind, 24 days away from seeing Lindsey and Miri and lots of my other favorite people, 25 days away from picking Eric up at the airport with the knowledge that I won't have to put him on any more planes away from me, 26 days away from going to the temple and from Treb and the future in-laws' arrival for the wedding. 

I still have to write one more paper, complete one more regular assignment, build one final-project website (oh, dear),  abstract about 6 more articles, give one or two more presentations, and work 21 more hours at the library. Then I'll pack up my stuff, drive across the country with my pappy, and rest assured that I will probably never go back to school again. (Oh, how I hope.) 

I can't believe I'm so near the end of so many things - and the beginning of so many others. It's a happy place for me to be, but also a scary, uncomfortable one.  I'm moving forward now at a very one-step-at-a-time sort of pace, so that all I'm focusing on right now (as soon as I post this) is getting my paper done this weekend and then celebrating my anniversary with Eric tomorrow - for the last time over Skype. 

This is one of those times when I remember why my blog title is what it is. In case you've forgotten, it's from Hamlet, and I love it, even if it's mostly about death: 
There’s a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. If it be now, ’tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all. Since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is’t to leave betimes?
I didn't expect to be leaving Bloomington this soon, to be getting married this December, to be moving to Texas . . . ever.  But if all of this be not to come, it will be now, and I'm ready.

(So very, very ready.)

5 comments:

Drew said...

Your final parenthetical statement speaks absolute volumes. You're so close! No more airport goodbyes!

emilymcb said...

That little Shakespeare tidbit is my favorite Shakespeare tidbit in all of Shakespeare.

Also, I'm really, really excited for you to start all this new exciting stuff.

mkgs said...

I HAD forgotten what it was from. Yay, yay, yay for the final countdown! (Tee hee... That worked out in two ways.) 24 days!

grburbank said...

So scary and so exciting! I'm pretty sure your life is going to (continue to) be amazing. And yay for Shakespeare!

Anonymous said...

Dang, that is a NICE sweater vest.

Also, your face is freaking adorable in that picture.

:)