Friday, October 21, 2011

Confessing Again, Naturally

  • I confess that I have spent an inordinate amount of time doing my hair this week. I blame Pinterest. 
  • I confess that it brings me great pride that I can now french braid my own hair without it looking like things could live in it. (Or at least not looking like things do live in it. Braids are, overall, inviting-looking as living spaces.) 
  • I confess that yesterday I found a dead cockroach on the floor (they just sprayed, so anything that cropped up in the last month starts crawling out and dying) and since I was leaving and planning to be gone the rest of the day until I picked up Eric, I just left it so that he would dispose of it. 
  • I confess that I was positive that the job I'd applied for had been given to someone else because they told me a week and it had been almost two, and then I got the job the day after I was crying about it to Eric. I confess I didn't even ask how much it pays, because at this point I know it's not a job that requires an MLS, but I just want something to do, and I want to be working in a library until we leave here. 
  • I confess that I am pretty distressed that red tide might keep me from Sandcastle Days this weekend. How can something I didn't even know about until yesterday keep me from sandcastle joy? Oh yeah, by potentially wreaking havoc on our respiratory systems as it kills fish by PARALYZING THEIR LUNGS. 
  • I confess that I dreamed about time travel last night. Too much Doctor Who before bed, apparently. 
  • I confess that this week it has been in the 50s when we leave for seminary, and it completely makes my day every time. I may not be able to wear scarves and cute jackets all the time, but I can darn well wear them at 6 in the morning while turning up the heater and pretending it's fall! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Job!?
Yay job!

Debra Hawkins said...

There is red tide?!? Again!?! There was red tide the same weekend as Sand Castle days a couple of years ago and it was OK, but actually a little bit miserable. We spent the whole time coughing with itchy red eyes. Boo! I freakin' HATE red tide!

mkgs said...

I've dreamt about The Office the last three nights in a row. We stopped watching three seasons ago but decided to start up again last week, so now we're catching up by watching several episodes a night. Clearly it's infiltrating my subconscious.

sarah savage said...

hey megan. this has nothing to do with this post, but... i was looking through your old halloween playlists (i'm hosting a halloween party and needed some extra fodder). first off, yes, i love them. obviously. secondly, if you update for this year, you should totally add "night on bald mountain!" creepy in and of itself, but especially creepy if you've seen fantasia. ok, that's all. happy halloween. :)

sarah savage said...

and also... i completely get your "turning up the ac and pretending it's fall" thing. i fully intend to do that for the halloween party. yeah, it's still 80 here.