Friday, February 17, 2012

In Which I Am a Sappy Sap

So the day after Valentine's Day, I felt the baby move for the first time. (I had felt things that I thought might be the baby, but then my stomach would growl and I would decide it was probably something else.) I was sitting on the bed in my old bedroom sorting through some things so that we can start painting in there sometime before my belly gets too big for me to reach the wall, and I felt several distinct pops that I'm calling baby kicks even though I suppose they could have been baby punches or jumping jacks.

Time out to say that it is weird to have a miniature person kicking your insides. But it is also pretty awesome.

Anyway, I was floating around on a baby high all evening, and that night when Eric went to bed, he asked where I'd felt the baby move. So I put his hand  on my stomach where I felt her kick, and I kid you not, she started to move just a couple of seconds after he put his hand there. Of course, Eric couldn't feel her yet (according to the Babycenter community, that probably will happen sometime between week 21 and week 23, but who knows?) but of course I was going, "OH! She can feel YOU! EEEEEE!!!!"

Yes. I also cried when I watched this video the day after we found out I was pregnant. I am a little ridiculous. But it still made me really happy, and I'm excited for Eric to actually get to feel her kick back.

2 comments:

Debra Hawkins said...

Yay for baby kicks! I am so happy for you guys!

mkgs said...

Aw. Yay :)