Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day

It was so crazy on Mother's Day to think about the fact that last year on Mother's Day I didn't even know CB. Eric bought me a changing table that I'd been coveting and we set it up and sat in her room and dreamed about what it would be like to have our baby.

And now she's 10 months old and Eric and I have been parents for 10 months, and it's all very surreal.

On Saturday, my mom sent me a gift card and a sweet note, so I was browsing amazon for a sewing basket, which was on the top of my wants list because I am getting tired of digging through my fabric box for my scissors and seam ripper and such. After I'd been browsing on and off for a lot of the morning, Eric asked if I wanted one of my mother's day presents early (I thought I already knew what my present was because I talked Eric into buying balcony seats for The Barber of Seville this week). Then he went to the garage and pulled out an adorable sewing basket that he bought earlier in the week after I'd been working on a project and saying, "WHY CAN'T I FIND ANYTHING? I NEED A BASKET!"

Sunday morning Eric took CB so I could sleep in, then brought me some crepes in bed (on our wooden pizza platter, of course.) He and CB also gave me an award for Excellence in Mother-ing, which was fun, especially because they came in with CB holding it.



CB was still sick, so we decided that would just go to sacrament meeting. Church is always exhausting for her, and she had just been so miserable. And then of course she wouldn't go to sleep until about 20 minutes before we were about to leave, and I didn't have the heart to wake her up, so we just ended up home all day. (We were dressed for church though. That counts for something, doesn't it?)



We had dinner over at my brother's house with his family. Eric and I made some roasted potatoes, Eric made a salad, and Julie had some delicious ribs, rolls and dessert. Yum. It was fun visiting with them, and we picked up some new hand-me-down jammies for CB that her cousin had outgrown. (Just in time too - we'd just talked about needing to get her some summer pajamas because her room is SO warm.) Then CB got completely exhausted and we came home to put her to bed and she just collapsed. Poor baby.


No comments: