CB is such a sweetie. She's starting to have a little more attitude from time to time (she definitely knows the word "no" now and sometimes I think she says it just because she wants to assert her independence) but she's overall a really agreeable, loving, hilarious little girl.
Here, in no particular order are some of CB's favorite things at the moment of turning 2:
- Pink baby, the doll I made her for Easter with the crazy pink hair. She already looks like she's been around for YEARS and has been washed multiple times, but CB carries her everywhere. I'll be curious to see if she gets a little break since she got a second Mommy-made baby for her birthday this morning. (Seriously. The Elsa pattern from Wee Wonderfuls makes a doll that is just the perfect shape for little hands to carry and to tuck under little arms. I've made two for CB, three that have been given as gifts, and one that I'm still deciding about.)
- Daniel Tiger. After a brief period of boredom with Daniel during which she preferred Sesame Street and Blue's Clues, DT is back in full force. Thank goodness for more seasons being available on Amazon.
- Cheese, Noodles, Yogurt and ice cream. (Or, "tees, noo-nles, dodurk and i-meam") I think these might constitute her absolute favorite foods. She's not a bad eater for a toddler (although it very much depends on the day) but these are most definitely her preferred foods. (I have my friend Debra's Cream Cheese Chicken in the crock pot right now because you serve it over noodles and CB always eats about 5 servings, so it was no contest what I should make for her birthday dinner.)
- The park - going there, sliding on slides, swinging, and making mommy climb the stairs.
- Going for walks to see the horsies. She LOVES the horses around our neighborhood and going for a stroller ride to see them. She got a wagon for her birthday (thank you, guy selling a BRAND NEW RADIO FLYER on KSL for super cheap!) so I'm excited to see what she thinks of walks in that. (Daddy is already a fan because of the super long handle.)
- Movie nights with popcorn. She LOVES watching popcorn pop and she loves snuggling up on my bed to watch a movie. Sadly, we only own like 4 kids movies so far, so we're working on that. She really loves Sleeping Beauty at my parents' house, and since that was one of my favorites when I was little, it's on my list to acquire.
- Going to Mama and Papa's house. This is her favorite thing ever. She asks to go to their house multiple times a week. She loves to play with them and she loves to play with their toys, and she really loves is when her cousins come too.
- The color pink, with blue and purple coming in close behind.
- Trying on Mommy's bracelets and necklaces, usually all at once.
- Getting her toenails painted and showing them off to everyone
- Reading books at bedtime, especially books where she gets to respond, and especially if that response is an animal sound.
Other things of note right now:
- I think she inherited my ear for song lyrics or my memory or something, because she knows the words to a ton of songs. She'll mostly just sing the last word of each line or say the last word of each line in books, but sometimes I'll hear her singing more of the songs to her stuffed animals when she's going to sleep. Every once in awhile I'll test a book or song and my mind will be blown all over again because she'll know the whole thing, even if we haven't sung it for a long time. (I started this random testing a few weeks ago when I picked her up from nursery and her leader said, "She's very good at singing 'I Am a Child of God.' Someone must be practicing with her at home!" And I realized we hadn't sung it at home in several weeks, so she was just remembering it from week to week at nursery.) Her favorite songs for bedtime right now are "Baby Mine," "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus," "Heavenly Father Loves Me," and "You Are My Sunshine."
- She's definitely going through a second language explosion right now. (Her first started around 15 months.) She's suddenly putting words together into phrases and short sentences and really starting to communicate, not just say individual nouns. She asks me if my food is good ("Mommy - noonles good?"), or where her toys are ("Hmm. Baby go?") She makes hilarious "Hmmmm. . . " noises when she's making a decision and her eyes roll up like she's thinking really hard. She's SO expressive in her face and her over the top intonations, and I can't get enough of it. (And it's probably my fault for being a crazy person on that front myself.)
- She is starting to like picking out her own clothes, and sometimes that means she tries to put on Sunday dresses to play in the dirt, or winter coats when it's 90 degrees outside.
- She's really good at identifying colors and pretty good at counting to 10 (although she likes to skip 2, so often when she is doing a count for something it comes out, "One, Three, Four!!")
- Her hair is much longer than it looks because it is delightfully curly right now. Both Eric and I had curls as kids, so I'm not sure it's going to last, but oh, do I love it now. It's so crazy and cute and unpredictable, and I love it.
I love you, baby girl!











No comments:
Post a Comment