So to combat that after a long and tiring day and a week of crying over nothing because I'm just tired and hormonal and anxious, here's a list of reasons I'm grateful.
- Feeling grateful that Clara went to bed without much fuss despite fighting nap time and then taking a late car nap.
- Feeling grateful that in a few more weeks I'll still be tired, but it won't be the tired of dragging extra weight and soreness around with me, it will be the tired that comes with a new baby. At this point I've been pregnant for so long that I'm starting to feel like my body is going to be this slow-moving and clumsy forever, but I keep reminding myself that once the baby is born I will start to feel better (or at least that's what happened last time.) No matter how bad of a sleeper the new little miss is, in another couple of months I will be able to get down on the floor to play with CB without wanting to die when it's time to haul myself back up. Food will taste good again, the crazy intense intestinal pain that sent us to the hospital a couple of weeks ago will probably go away too.
- Feeling grateful for my patient, understanding husband who is doing more than his share of the cleaning and bending over, despite being crazy busy. I feel guilty because I feel like he gets neglected while I feel so lousy, and he just keeps taking care of me.
- Feeling grateful for the bins full of clothes for this baby that I still have from the last one. Yes, I've bought a couple of new sleepers for the fun of it, but mostly we just get to pull out all of CB's clothes again, which fills my heart with joy when I think of how sad I felt putting them away the first time.
- Feeling grateful that I have a cousin who is an awesome chiropractor and is helping me feel less sore than I did last time I was pregnant.
- Feeling grateful for my sweet, cheerful child who has recently started saying "Lub you Mommy" and giving hugs and kisses without prompting, who makes it impossible to be sad because she immediately starts wiping tears away and saying, "No sad Mommy!" When I pretend to be sad and stick my bottom lip out, she pushes it back in and says, "Happy Mommy!" I can tell that my mood is making her a little more cranky than usual, but she's still just such a delightful person. I'm pretty sure she's going to be as cheery and wonderful as her dad.
- I'm grateful we got to go to a family reunion last weekend, that the weather wasn't as miserable as I fear for St. George in August at 8 months pregnant, that I have an amazing extended family and that my husband and baby like them as much as I do.
1 comment:
Oh man. I am only halfway through this pregnancy and I'm totally DREADING the last few months. If my pelvis hurts this bad right now, how am I going to survive?!? But I guess that's the thing about pregnancy. If it were second trimester sunshine the whole time, we would probably never give birth--by the end we actually WANT to go through all the labor and delivery pain because we know it's so much better on the other side!
Good luck with the sleep. I kind of wanted to punch people in the face when they kept saying "sleep now while you can!" because I couldn't sleep at all well. I was so much better rested after Henry was born.
Only 3 and a half more weeks! You can do it!!!
Post a Comment