Okay, I'm done with Daylight Savings Time. Ick.
Yesterday, I woke up with plenty of time to get to church. I got out of the shower at 7:40, which would give me about 45 minutes to get dry and get dressed. Then I looked at my phone and it said it was 8:40 - five minutes before church started.
Pardon?
I don't know whose brilliant idea it was to change the week when we switch from the convenient first Sunday in April (which was extra convenient because they always reminded me to change it at General Conference to the hard-to-remember second Sunday in March, but I really want to know why they didn't just go back a whole month - or just get rid of it altogether? I know I wasn't the only one who missed Sacrament Meeting yesterday (we went to James's ward instead, which was funny - James walking in with his girlfriend and all of her roommates), and I know I'm not the only one who is dying this morning because it feels like I got up in the middle of the night.
On the bright side, it was otherwise a great weekend - Hunger Banquet and Dr. Horrible on Friday, IC on Saturday, cookie-making party last night after ward prayer (where I got a copy of the Constitution from another member of the Constitution party. I've now met two) good chats with my parents and Treb, and lots of using Clark's projector until I take it back. :) (Not until I watch Station Agent, Clark. I want to see Finbar full size.)
And finally, I'm getting really excited to see The Marriage of Figaro with Whitney and Tiffany and Mallory. Hurray for cheap balcony seats and for there being super titles this time around, because when I saw it in London a couple of years ago I didn't know what they were saying. Although I think I would go anyway, because Mozart is glorious, especially in opera form.
1 comment:
oooh...i miss watching movies with you. also...i'm still exhausted. i don't think i'll catch up with this time change thing till april.
Post a Comment