Here is an abbreviated update of my activities.
- My computer crashed again. This time, it wasn't the hard drive or something else easily fixable. Something just blew out and it refused to boot ever again. My computer savvy sister-in-law looked at it when they came down to visit us, and she declared it dead or else really expensive to fix. After much deliberation, Eric and I decided not to buy a new one right now, and instead figured out how to juggle all of his work computers so that I'd have something on which to do my work.
- Brady and Kristi came to see San Benito, and we took them to a carnival/rodeo/livestock show in Mercedes. Unfortunately, we missed the greased pig scramble, but we did see a lot of really big rabbits. After they stayed with us, we went back to Houston with them for some spring break fun that included a trip to the Houston temple, an hour or so in Half Price Books, a Pi Day celebration at House of Pies, and a large purchase of . . .
- . . . our new pet, Rita Louise Stickybun Long, a very sweet little cinnamon pinto hedgehog who is currently rooting around her cage and getting ready to go to sleep for the day. We found Miss Bun at an exotic pet shop in Houston - which also had lions and tigers in the back yard, as well as your typical snakes, giant turtles, and flying squirrels. The pet shop was right to recommend the already socialized Rita to us, but wrong to tell us to put her in pine shavings and feed her their cruddy hedgehog kibble. After we'd had her for less than a week, I switched her out of the pine shavings because she'd gotten an upper respiratory infection and wasn't eating or drinking. I took her to the vet and got her some antibiotics, and she seems to be going much better now, especially after we switched her to a tastier food. She's now eating, drinking, and running around like the happy little hoggy we brought home. I think she's even forgiven us for forcing medicine into her mouth twice a day.
Stickybun doing a little wading in the tub. See how she's the color of a cinnamon roll? - Our ward which has 600 people on the roster, was split into a ward and a branch, with us on the branch side. We went from a pretty big ward to a pretty small branch, but we think it's going to grow quickly. Eric is the Young Men's President (which was his calling in the other ward - he just has fewer young men now) and I'm over the Young Women. Last Sunday, we spent about 7 hours at the church between ward council, a ward baptism, and a stake YW Camp meeting. It's going to be busy, but it's actually pretty nice to have something to do. Plus, I got to go to the YW meeting of general conference last weekend, and it was AWESOME. Also, for mutual tonight, the Spanish-speaking ward is teaching us to make homemade tortillas.
- I finally saw all of the Back to the Future movies. I don't know how I never saw the 2nd or 3rd, but certainly my life is better for having seen them now.
2 comments:
I can't believe you haven't seen all of the Back to the Future movies before now. Sorry to hear about your computer; I think mine might be close to dying. Your hedgehog is so cute! I've been following her adventures on Facebook.
It's been a while since I've posted a comment. I still read, but lately I've been suffering from serious apathy to anything that involves sitting on the couch.
I like the new look of your blog. Usually I do the google reader thing, so I miss out on the clean, happy layout you've got here.
I still need to send you a wedding present. Boy, I'm an awful person.
Post a Comment