- Eric has a week left of school, and my mental health is rejoicing. Having him home to take the edge of the endless days in San Benito will be glorious.
Also, I'm hoping that will mean he'll be shaving more than once a week, no matter how much he dreams of pig-beard. - That said, he is now in our branch presidency, so he's still going to be busy.
- However, he does get to come with me to YW Camp the week after school gets out, so at least I'll get to see him that week.
- British Fridays with my dear friend Debra are my salvation. Every Friday I go over there to do laundry and watch BBC and talk, and it's glorious.
- For mutual this week, the girls sewed some little drawstring bags, and the domestic goddess place in my heart opened up. I've spent a good part of my sick day today looking at sewing machines online and scouring blogs for ideas. I am going to teach myself to sew, by golly. (Or make other people teach me. Probably both.)
- I am very much looking forward to this summer's nice long trip to Utah, with its accompanying road trips, family camping, Shakespeare, and free Decemberists concert at the Gallivan Center. Yes, please.
- Someday, I will fold my laundry when I wash it, and not two days later. That day might come when I actually have a washer and dryer in my house and don't have to haul it back to somewhere first. Is that just me?
- When summer is over, the hunt for library jobs begins again in earnest (or perhaps when summer is part-way through. Hmm). I need to talk to people about books. Please, south Texas, give me library jobs to which I may apply. I really don't want to deliver pizzas for The Pizzeria just to get out of the house, no matter how delicious their garlic knots are.
- My hedgehog is still awesome. See?
- It turns out that I am a bigger grouch than I thought. Interesting feeling, grouchdom.
- The other day, one of my friends posted something about how uncomfortable she is sleeping with her pregnancy (a great stored-up fear of mine, incidentally, as I am a terrible insomniac in who tosses incessantly, even in a non-pregnant state) and someone posted about their sleep pillow, the Snoogle. Does the fact that an item called "Snoogle" exists fill anyone else's heart with joy?
- I cut my hair. I think I like the length (finally) but I'm not a huge fan of the cut itself (minus the bangs that I repaired myself, which I think look smashing.) I'm hoping it will either grow on me, or I can get Sami to fix it when I visit the fam this summer.
- I adore the new(ish) Fleet Foxes album, Hopelessness Blues. I especially adore the title track, posted below. It has something very Simon and Garfunkel about it, both in harmony and in its kind of protest-song feel, which gives me the same feel as "Flowers Never Bend With the Rainfall" or "The Only Living Boy in New York." However, my favorite part of it is at the beginning, mostly because of Eric's reaction to it. Lyric: I was raised up believing I was somehow unique/
Like a snowflake distinct among snowflakes, unique in each way you can see/ And now after some thinking, I'd say I'd rather be/ A functioning cog in some great machinery serving something beyond me. Eric's reaction: Sir, it sounds like communism is for you!
I'm trying to find truth in words, in rhymes, in notes, in all the things I wish I wrote. - The Format
Sunday, May 29, 2011
Oh, San Benito. You are not so very blog-worthy.
I don't know why it is that I never have anything to blog about these days/feel like blogging. Here's what's going on in a nutshell:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No picture to accompany the haircut comment? Good luck with the library job hunt--something I get to look forward to very soon. And have fun sewing--I think that's neat!
DYING over the hedgehog. So cute.
I am still struck by the irony of you having moved to Texas and still being too far away to see reguarly. Glad you have a friend down there to be British with though!
P.S. Haircut photo!
Post a Comment