Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Postdated Summer Roadtrip Playlist

Here's what I've been listening to on our epic, 4000 mile road trip. Nothing too new or exciting, but certainly enjoyable.

  • "Conventional Wisdom," Built to Spill (thanks to Treb's girlfriend Megan Nell for this one)
  • "If I Can Dream," Elvis Presley (I fell in love with this song while we were painting our mural and sang it non-stop for the first half of the trip)
  • "Prizefighter," The Eels
  • "Hotel Arizona," Wilco
  • "Who Am I (What's My Name)?" Snoop Dogg (This is an Eric favorite. Also, we often sing "Snoop Hoggy Hog" to our hedgehog.)
  • "Ghost Town," Shiny Toy Guns
  • "You Won't See Me," The Beatles
  • "Dixie Dynamite," The Freddy Jones Band
  • "The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side," The Magnetic Fields (This is a perfect summer song, if I may say so. I don't know what instrument makes that squishy noise, but it's great.)
  •  "Awake My Soul," Mumford and Sons (although actually, I've been listening to them a ton, and every song that I listen to becomes my favorite until the next song comes on.)
  • "Nobody," Johnny Cash (I'm not sure who did this song originally, but I laughed out loud when I heard the line,'Well one time when things was
    Lookin' bright
    I started to whittlin' on a stick one night
    Who said "Hey! That's dynamite!"?
    Nobody.' 
  • "Let's Get Out of this Country," Camera Obscura
  • "Helplessness Blues," Fleet Foxes (I've mentioned this song before, and the rest of the album is also truly superb, but goodness I love this song! )
  • "My Boy Builds Coffins," Florence + The Machine (This song is so weird, but so catchy! Also, we've been singing "Dog Days Are Over" all summer, but the number of times that's been on reality shows this summer makes me unable to put it on my list. Also, now I've just admitted that I spent all summer watching America's Got Talent.) 
  • "Do You Want To," Franz Ferdinand (This song is one of the most addicting songs in the world, and it's also great on the road.)

3 comments:

Lin said...

Snoop Dogg, Megan. Spell it right. ;)

Also, Snoop Dogg?! Megan! You put a Snoop Dogg song on your play list with no comment whatsoever?

Also, I'm glad you put up a play list. It's been too long.

Meg said...

Fixed, both the spelling and the lack of comment. Thanks Lin. :)

Lin said...

AH! Of course you sing Snoop Hoggy Hogg to your hedgehog! Why would you NOT sing that!? Oh, you guys are great.