- Found out that Eric gets some Americorps money after all, even though he ducked out of TFA early. Obviously it's much less than it would have been, but it's still a good chunk of change, and since we didn't think we'd get ANYTHING, it's completely awesome. (Plus they pay all of the interest we've accrued this year while the loan has been on forbearance, which is also great.)
- Walmart sent back the money I paid for the crib they lost. Yay! A new one is on its way in a slightly different, but still lovely color.
- We got our third call about the Honda Civic we're selling in less than 24 hours, and the guy happens to be in Orem. Since Eric's down in PG with the car today and is also going to show it to some guy in Lehi, hopefully they can get together and strike a deal. (We love Eric's car, but since we both have 2-door Hondas and mine is worth nothing because it's a Salvage Title, and since we don't really need two cars and would eventually like to get one that's more baby friendly, and since we're still paying student loans, it's just time for it to go while we can still get money out of it. Plus, with everyone freaking out about gas prices, it seems like a good time to sell a car that gets crazy-good gas mileage.) Cross your fingers for a quick sale at our asking price! (A girl already came and drove it last night. She's thinking about it.)
- I just found out Jennie will be in Utah next week, and I'll get to see her!
- And though this was last night, that's still technically before noon today - we go to see a great lecture by the guys from Radiolab at the Utah Natural History Museum last night, and it was completely delightful. I seriously could not be more pleased. Especially since the show they're hosting tonight in Salt Lake was $35 per ticket, and the lecture we saw last night was FREE! (I cannot express to you just how much I love Radiolab. If you haven't started downloading their podcasts, you should, right now. I love it so much that if I were having a boy I would consider naming him Jad.)
- Baby girl finally started kicking in a place that feels more like she's getting into that head down position she's supposed to be in for birthing purposes. I realize she's still got plenty of time to do backflips before then, but it was still kind of comforting. (Also, whoever came up with the phrase "decreased fetal movement" should be shot. Every time I feel her a little less than usual I start freaking out and wondering how decreased the movement has to be before I should actually worry. Sigh.)
I'm trying to find truth in words, in rhymes, in notes, in all the things I wish I wrote. - The Format
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Good things before noon
So many good things have already happened this morning! What kind of wonders await me for the rest of the day?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ugh, I wish pregnancy wasn't such a long period of angst about things that are TOTALLY FINE. Now that I'm in my 2nd trimester I don't have the ubiquitous pregnancy symptoms that came with the 1st so I'm way more apt to think something is wrong, even though the odds of miscarriage are way down. It's amazing women don't just burn themselves out after 9 months of neuroses. I have to keep telling myself "worrying won't make any difference. If there's something wrong, it will be wrong regardless of how much I stress about it." That logical line of though helps me not want to pull my hair out.
Yay I'm so excited I made the list! I am also SO excited to see you=)
Yeah, pregnancy can be stressful like that. I always thought everyone could tell how much I was freaking out, but then I realized that most of my freaking out happened in my head and google searches. Ugh! I love the internet, but I hated it when I was pregnant. Also, I just recently unsubscribed from babycenter.com because their emails STILL get me stressed out.
Post a Comment