Dear OBGYN,
Thank you for telling me it's okay for me to take Prilosec. I haven't thrown up in a few weeks, and I'm pretty sure that's partially because I am not dying of acid reflux every night.
-Hooray for doctor-sanctioned medication!
Dear Husband,
It secretly makes me happy that by our second Easter together, we can fill each other's Easter baskets without any hints. I know that you love jelly beans and multi-colored Swedish fish, you know that I love Cadbury caramel eggs and Hostess fruit pies. Just seeing that fruit pie in my basket gave me a little glow. Plus we both looked at Clue on the $5 rack at Target and realized it was the only good movie there - but I bought it for you and you opted to buy me Angry Birds: Space.
-How did you know anti-gravity would make me so happy?
Dear BellaBand,
You are the best idea ever. The elastic band trick was starting to fail me, and the hand-me-down maternity pants in my closet are still too big, but thanks to you, I once again have more than one pair of acceptable pants. I missed you, jeans!
-Now ALL of my pants are maternity pants!
Dear guy at the conference we streamed last weekend,
Thank you for talking about cryostasis, mind-uploading, and multiverses and being completely serious about it. Never before did I think the future actually could look like The X-files, Doctor Who, Dollhouse and The One.
-Should probably spend more time reading science and less time watching science-fiction
| On the bright side, my husband looks like a stud while he's streaming, even when he's streaming about cryostasis. |
Dear Pinterest,
Thank you for provided me with a couple of awesome meals this week, plus some deviled eggs that looked like baby chicks.
-Plus I used my sewing machine again this week!
Dear Easter Eggs,
I know other people like to make their eggs all pretty and photoworthy, but all of our favorite eggs had things like the Hulk, Voldemort, Chuck Norris, and Chuck Norris's boot kicking someone's face on them. They were just more awesome.
-Plus it was fun to drop the Humpty Dumpty egg before we ate it.
| Chuck Norris and his boot - roundhouse kicking you in the face. |
| Front row: Humpty Dumpty, Harry Potter, Voldemort, Hulk, Angry Bird, Mustache Egg |
Dear General Conference Speakers,
Thank you for addressing everything I had been thinking about in the first 3 talks Saturday morning so that I could just sit back and enjoy everything else for the rest of the two days. That was some pretty good planning.
-Stop it.
Dear Nephew,
All of the work we've put into the mural so far became totally worth it when you stood next to the raccoon so your mom could take a picture and said, "He's just my size!" In fact, I'm not sure why we didn't just go ahead and measure you from the beginning.
-I think we need a baby bobcat so my niece can get excited about a kitty on the walls too
1 comment:
Your Easter eggs are way more awesome than my Easter eggs. or those of anyone else. ever.
I still have not gotten into Pinterest. I'm actually kind of scared of getting sucked in.
Post a Comment