Thursday, October 11, 2012

Three Months

Happy 3 months to my beautiful girl! We're celebrating alone today because E doesn't get back from his business trip until tomorrow.

Likes:

  • Her thumb! Eric wasn't sure he was down with a thumb-sucker, and maybe she isn't fully converted to it (she still often falls asleep with a pacifier in her mouth, but she wakes up with her thumb in there quite a bit) but she uses it to soothe herself at the moment (often sleeping for 10-11 hours at night) so I am all for it.
  • Baths. Still. Always.
  • Her daddy! So much! She's been missing him because he keeps going out of town, but she has started looking at him with adoration, and it's adorable.
  • The dolly that was a hand-me-down from cousin Maggie. More than anything else at the moment. Her first laugh was for that dolly.
  • Russian dancing (as in I move her legs and sing things and she squeals with delight)
  • Baby Tylenol, and also other medicine. But baby Tylenol especially, which is apparently very tasty after you have your shots.
  • Looking at herself in the mirror. She smiles, and then she smiles bigger because that baby in the mirror smiled at her. It is so cute. 
Dislikes: 
  • Tummy aches
  • Any time the car stops moving
  • Shots. Oh, the screaming.

Accomplishments and Adventures:

  • Had her shots, and luckily just seemed to get sleepy and a little sad, rather than screamy and off. I gave her baby Tylenol for the first day or so, and gave her a couple of nice warm baths so her chubby little legs wouldn't hurt, and she took it like a champ. 
  • Went to her first pumpkin patch in her warm hat, where her nose got red. 
  • Holds her head up really well by herself. 
  • Laughed (but only a couple of times - she's much more prone to squeals of delight than chuckles)
  • Had her first trip to the library (a brief one to pick up Mommy's holds - because Mommy needs to have something she can get into so she'll stop wasting her time watching TV)
  • Started taking some baby Zantac to see if it helps with some refluxy symptoms - takes medicine like a CHAMPION so far. 
  • Survived a week alone with her mom and no one else. 
  • Talks up a storm - now we just need to learn what she's saying.
  • Took her first mother/daughter trip to the grocery store and took up most of the cart.
CB with her favorite dolly, the only thing that makes her laugh.


CB, you are a delight. This month has been so fun, because you've really started acting like you know what's going on. For example, when I told you that Grandma and Grandpa were coming home from the MTC to watch conference and do their laundry, you refused to take your nap - and then got a huge smile on your face when they showed up, liked you'd been waiting for them. When your daddy left for his business trip, he was holding you and you were looking everywhere except at him, as if you were mad at him - then you suddenly looked right at him and smiled, like you were saying, "Just kidding, Dad! Wasn't that a good game?" 

At your 2 month appointment, which was actually more like your 2.5 month appointment, you were in the 75th percentile for weight, but the 93rd for height. That's right. You are ridiculously tall. (Also, once again the doctor told me that you are basically perfect - which I knew, but it's nice to hear it from a professional.) However, you still fit into most of your 0-3 month clothes fairly comfortably, even though I'm probably going to start transitioning you up so that you'll have some long-sleeved things to wear for fall (but I don't wanna because then I have to admit you're getting bigger and put your smaller clothes away - wah!). You look very comfy in the bigger clothes, even though the long sleeves all come over your hands and get sucked on if I don't roll them up.



You've started waking up in the morning and from naps with a coo instead of a cry, which means that you almost always have a smile for me when I come to get you. (Although if I set you down for too long before I feed you in the morning, you protest quite vocally.) I love your gummy little smiles so much, especially when you smile and squirm around like you just can't contain your happiness. Along with your big smiles and thumb sucking comes a crazy amount of drool, and I'm going to have to start putting a bib on you around the house so you won't be perpetually soaked. 

1 comment:

mkgs said...

That one of her lying on the pillow is probably the cutest thing ever. Followed closely by the one with the red nose.