Monday, October 22, 2012

Random Thoughts

Because even a post that isn't about CB deserves a picture of her.

  • Once upon a time we got one of those Halloween phantom things where you get a treat but you're supposed to pass it on by making treats for two more people. We did, and now we've gotten phantomed two more times. I wonder if we got hit by the same people we took treats to, or if it was other random people. Either way, not complaining. Except I guess now I'll have to make more treats. (I think you're maybe supposed to put something in the window that says you've gotten it, but it didn't say in the note, so we didn't think of it until the third treat showed up on our porch.) 
  • Felt is a magical thing. Every time I rediscover it I fall in love with it all over again. 
  • CB has had a cold for the past few days. It's pretty sad, although she's mostly stayed pretty cheerful except when it gets close to nap time or bed time. I'm looking forward to the end of her sad little coughs and sniffles, but the snuggles are nice. 
  • Some days I look back on my day and cannot figure out how I spent my time. Wait, wasn't I going to do laundry today? I guess there's time for one load so I have underwear tomorrow . . .
  • Our insurance company appears to be confused. I have now filled the exact same prescription 3 times and paid a different copay each time. The first time I paid $28, the second time $10, and today the pharmacist announced that they had covered all of it. While I like where this trend is heading, I am wondering how I can find out which days are the magical "we will cover everything" days so I can fill my prescriptions and go to the doctor on those days. 
  • We watched the last presidential debate tonight, and I thought it seemed like the candidates basically agreed on everything on this topic but were trying to pretend that they didn't because they wanted to WIN! (Yes, you should hear Jack Black in Nacho Libre when you read that.) I wish that politics weren't so petty. 
  • Google hangouts is a little bit awesome. We had a Long Family FHE the other night, and it was neat. Although it was funny how the babies kept yelling and then that family's screen would pop up even if someone else was talking. Those attention-mongering babies. 
  • One of my good friends lost her grandmother last night. I wish there was a less lame way to comfort someone who is far away than by saying, "I'm so sorry. That really sucks." Someone needs to invent Wonka Vision, but for hugs. 
  • I love a good thunder storm, which is what we're having tonight. But I hope it doesn't wake up my poor sick baby, who keeps sneezing herself awake anyway. 

No comments: