I can't believe this little girl has been with us for four months already. She gets sweeter and sweeter every day! (Except on the days when she is not so sweet. We pretend those days don't exist.)
Likes:
- Still baths, her thumb, being read to, her dolly, etc.
- Music! I've started putting on some music and singing to her or dancing with her, and she smiles and sometimes hums along, which is SO CUTE.
- Holding things and chewing on them. She's best at holding her O Ball, but she has started liking rattles, giraffes, dolls, and teething rings.
- Her parents' voices, which she can no pick out of a crowd. I watched her look for Eric when we were at a noisy cub scout meeting with scouts running and yelling all over the place. Eric said something and Clara IMMEDIATELY turned to where he was across the room.
- Shrieking for fun, not just when she's unhappy. I think she likes to hear the sound of her own voice.
- Playing in the Exersaucer
Dislikes:
- A full swaddle, because then she can't get her thumb. We leave an arm out.
- Being alone - at least sometimes. She's had a hard time taking naps lately, and sometimes we'll hear her fussing and then she's completely fine if she's sitting in a chair while we cook dinner - as long as she's with us.
- Belly aches, spitting up, being too tired.
- Being left in the Exersaucer too long.
- Being put in a pumpkin
Accomplishments and Adventures:
- Rolled over for the first time! She's only done it a couple of times - twice from belly to back, and then once she went from back to side, and then a little while later from side to belly.
- Holding things.
- Had her first cold, but recovered without a trip to the doctor.
- Went trick or treating with her cousins
- Touched a moose - at Cabella's, with Daddy's help
- Sleeps 10-11 hours a night, but is starting to wake up again sometimes. I guess we're starting to get closer to needing solid foods.
CB, seeing you sick this month was so sad, and being frustrated that you are having a harder time with naps was tough. But seeing you delighted by Johnny Cash, dancing you around the room, watching you watch the snow, and marveling at how much you are learning - that was amazing. I have to remind myself on days when I'm frustrated because you're fussy and tired and you are also delightful and smiley quite often. You have the cutest little giggle. You watch me and your dad when we move around the room, and when we bend down to talk to you, your face is just full of delight. I need to remember that when you're a teenager.
It's so exciting seeing you learn to be more independent. You're holding your head up better and better all the time. You sit really well when you're propped in the Exersaucer. You aren't terribly interested in rolling over yet, but you can do it, and when you realize that you want to start moving more on your own, you will. In the mean time, you enjoy being up on your elbows looking around.
I love kissing your chubby cheeks. I love watching your hair grow in, your eyebrows darken, your little face getting more personality as you take in more of the world. I love the way you hold on to my arm, how you snuggle into my shoulder when you're tired.
Now if you'd just get better at napping again.


2 comments:
I love this! Being put in a pumpkin haha! Who wouldn't dislike that?
Her length makes her look so grown up! Being a Mom really is wonderful, well... depending on the moment :)
Post a Comment