Miss D's update is coming a couple of days late because CB has been really sick, and now she's starting with it too. Luckily, she's still been really cheerful despite her coughing, and CB is coming back nicely from what the doctor thought might be RSV on Monday. If we can get Miss D through it as well, we'll be breathing sighs of relief.
Miss D, you have been such a sweet, chill baby that I haven't feel like I've really gotten to know you that well, but this last month you've really stolen our hearts. You have a hilarious deep growly laugh that just kills me every time. You're ticklish under your chin, so sometimes I get a surprise giggle out of you while I'm snapping up your jammies. You give smiles readily, and you always make me feel extra special when I walk past you and you give me a big grin.
You love being sung to - especially by your big sister. We started having CB sing to you when you were upset - in the car, at the store, etc. - because we didn't want her to be upset by your crying, but now when CB busts out the ABCs (which she tells me is your favorite song) you almost always calm down and smile at her. You two already have such a special relationship, and I hope it continues throughout your lives. The other day you were lying on the couch while we were getting everything on the table for dinner and you started crying, so your Daddy went to get you and said in the high pitched voice we use to talk for you, "Why did you leave me? Nobody loves me!" And CB quickly piped up, "I love you, D! Mommy loves you all the time!" It's so clear that you love each other, even though you're both so young.
You still usually wake up a couple of times a night (although last night it was only once and it was very nice), but you always go right back to sleep. The problem is, sometimes so do I, so I'll wake up with you snuggled against me two hours later and you don't want to go back to your bed because by then it's cold! I've been much less concerned about getting you on a firm schedule, which is probably why, but honestly, CB really seemed to need one and you seem to be much more able to go with the flow, grabbing naps here and there and everywhere. You often just zonk out sitting on your Daddy's lap, which is hilarious.
I'm so grateful for you, sweet girl. Your calm spirit is such a happy influence in our home, and I love you.
1 comment:
Maybe its a second child thing! Brett really seemed to need a firm schedule and Alana is so much more go with the flow =) She is darling and I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment