Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Miss D, 5 Months

Poor Miss D. I'm so behind. Everyone has been sick and we were staying with Papa and Mama on her actual five month birthday. I took pictures a few days later, and then I haven't done anything with them, plus they weren't that great and I didn't have the energy to keep messing with it. But time marches on and Miss D is older and gets better and better, so. Here are a few things.

  • First, how on earth did I take all of CB's pictures on that little backdrop? Miss D was ALL OVER THE PLACE, wiggling, grabbing the backdrop, eating her feet, etc. It was really, really difficult to get a good picture this time, and I'm thinking of switching it up next time. 
  • Miss D is so, so smiley and happy. She's so sweet. She gets more interactive all the time. She loves the squeaky giraffe and the crinkly frog and everything goes directly in her mouth, which distresses CB greatly since we're ALWAYS telling her to get things out of her own mouth. 
  • She's getting much more purposeful about grabbing things - toys, my face, blankets, anything on the table. I'm looking forward to introducing solids next month, although she's TERRIBLE at taking medicine, so I'll be interested to see how she does. CB was really good at it and solids went really smoothly, but Miss D does seem VERY interested in sitting at the dinner table and stares at all of us, so we'll see. 
  • She loves playing with her feet and is getting really close to rolling from her back to her stomach. 
  • She's still not sleeping through the night, but I've finally got my act together and have been helping her get a little more scheduled, which I think she appreciates. She's getting more predictable and even made it through the night without nursing the other night (she woke up, but a quick pat or a pacifier and she went right back to sleep), so I think we're getting closer. Hooray! She's still going pretty strong with the pacifier, which is LOVELY, and I'm hoping that it will continue. It's so crazy to me that by this time I was trying to sleep train CB. I can't even imagine doing that with Miss D yet, and so far she's a much better napper than CB (knock on wood!) It's so crazy how much less worried I am about all of that than I was with the first baby. I rock her to sleep when I need to, but she fall asleep on her own occasionally and we're just going with it. She sleeps, no screaming, everyone is happy so far. 
  • She still has a really funny growly laugh that I love, and CB gets as many laughs as anyone. You still have to work for it a bit, but she gets in giggly moods and won't stop. 
  • She kicks her legs like CRAZY, especially when she's sleepy but not calm yet. Sometimes in the morning I'll wake up to this really loud "THUMP THUMP THUMP" of her legs before she starts making other noises. 
  • Generally she's just such an easy-going, smiley little soul, even when Clara is squishing her face and brushing her hair and generally pestering her. We like her a lot.


  • The background was all wonky on this picture, but her face was cute so I cropped it terribly.

No comments: