Saturday, September 22, 2007

Soundtrack to My Life

I've been making this for awhile - here's where it is right now. These are songs that define particular feelings or moments or just general things about me, and I think it's coming along quite nicely. I'm sure I'll keep adding to it, but the time has come to post before the "single college student" version becomes out of date.
  • "Megan" - The Smoking Popes or Bayside (the first version is a rock song and the second is acoustic. I like them both, but I probably like Bayside's cover better. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that this song exists this week - it's quite good, actually.)
  • "Green Eyes" - Coldplay
  • "Pretty (Ugly Before)" - Elliot Smith
  • "The Not So Pretty Princess" - Jude
  • "The Frog Prince" - Keane
  • "1 2 3 4" - Feist
  • "Girl Sailor" - The Shins (No, I'm not a sailor. This song is a metaphorical representation.)
  • "Sing" - Travis
  • "Sadness on My Back" - Hope of the States
  • "Love Song for No One" - John Mayer (just sometimes...)
  • "Clark Gable" - The Postal Service
  • "I Am Ready, I Am" - The Format (see the subtitle of this blog...)
  • "My Apartment" - Ben Kweller
  • "Wrapped Up in Books" - Belle & Sebastian
  • "Indie Rock and Roll" - The Killers
  • "Right Here is Fine" - Brett Raymond
  • "London Skies" - Jamie Cullum
  • "London Calling" - The Clash (haha - more for the name than anything)
  • "Daddy's Little Girl" - The Mills Brothers (aw.)
  • "We're Just Friends" - Wilco
  • "Paper Doll" - Rachel Yamagata (The first two words in this song are "only daughter." But I really like the rest of it too. Quite good, quite good.)
  • "Never Knew" - The Rocket Summer
  • "The World You Love" - Jimmy Eat World
  • "Hamburg Song" - Keane
  • "Time Has Told Me" - Nick Drake
  • "A Comet Appears" - The Shins
  • "Butterflies and Hurricanes" - Muse
  • "Blue" - The Jayhawks
  • "Follow" - Brandi Carlile
  • "Grey Room" - Damien Rice
Also, Katherine sent me a link that was a website where you can create playlists where people can actually listen to them - I'm going to figure it out soon so I can post some for all y'all.

3 comments:

Lin said...

(No, I'm not a sailor. This song is a metaphorical representation.)

I don't know if you meant this to be funny...but I find it hilariously so. Maybe I just like the phrase "metaphorical representation". Maybe I'm just a whacko. The world may never know.

Megs said...

Don't worry. It was supposed to be funny and ridiculous. Because clearly you all know I'm not a sailor. I hope.

Anonymous said...

I always thought you were a sailor. You should get those tattoos removed from your forearms. You're confusing me.

Btw, add "At My Window Sad and Lonely" by Billy Bragg & Wilco (actually by Woody Guthrie but these guys set it to music) to our Lonely Hearts list.