Friday, September 28, 2007

Brothers and Sisters . . . LET'S GO!

So there are many things to say, and I will say them now.
Thing the first - The Arcade Fire was A-MAZING. First, SO many people rocking out at the same time, and everyone played everything! They had a pipe organ on stage (which at least 3 people played, including Win on "My Body is a Cage" and Regine on "Intervention" - incidentally, two of my favorite songs of the night), at least two people who played the accordion (which they used), violins, stand up basses, French horns, megaphones, motorcycle helmets. . . it was . . . wow.
They definitely played most of the good ones. I was sad that they left out "Crown of Love" and "Ocean of Noise," but "Rebellion (Lies)" was incredible, and "Wake Up" was the perfect final encore - all of us were singing together "I GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO ADJUST!" Words cannot actually express the rest of how amazing this all was, but if I liked them before, I'm pretty much addicted to them now.
Also, The Office tonight... well, there was squealing. And Marci and I were not alone - we could hear shrieks rippling down the complex. And then, Janie came home engaged (YAY!) and Miri & Mike, Jennie, Marci, and I went to Hairspray, which is an unbelievably happy movie. So, SO great, and I am in love with James Marsden.
Finally, a bit of dating advice from our newly rediscovered Nancy Drew's Guide to Life:"If a guy's hunch results in a dead-end, don't flaunt your better judgment in front of him. Smirk secretly to yourself." How true that is.
Also, this is my 99th post - look for something amazing in the next one. :)

1 comment:

Miri said...

I super like the new colors. Good work. Also, yes, I'm not sure how this weekend's going to work. But I think they might at least sleep over there one night-- and they want me to as well, although I'm not feeling super sleepovery right now, so I don't know-- but in any case it will be an adventure.

Speaking of adventures, being on campus for ten hours isn't one. I'm going to have to figure out something else for Tuesdays, because going to class at 9:30, working until class at 5, and getting home at 8 is not ok with me. Blech.