I am really happy that the GRE is over. After a week of harder core studying (especially yesterday) and six weeks of less hard core studying, I went to Lindon this morning to brave my first computerized standardized test.
I liked doing the writing part on the computer. I inevitably change my mind about how I want to start essays, and it was nice to have that option instead of just sticking with my initial start because I didn't want to scribble things out.
There's always a dummy section on the GRE - you either get two verbal sections or two quantitative sections, and you don't know which one doesn't count. Except I'm pretty sure that the first of my quantitative sections was my dummy section, because I completely bombed it, and the second one went a little better. My score wasn't as ridiculous as it would have been if I'd got the first score, so I'm thankful for that. The verbal was okay - it's kind of luck of the draw on whether you know the words, but it wasn't too awful.
I had knots in my stomach for several hours afterward. That stupid timer is stressful. It didn't help that BYU cut it a little too close for comfort today.
Tonight was our family Halloween party, which meant doughnuts, apple juice and homemade chili. (How do you spell that when you mean the food and not the country? Chilie? Chilli? Chilly? Okay, now they all look weird.) My nephews were adorable as super heroes (Ironman, Captain America, Batman, Robin) and Savy made a beautiful Sleeping Beauty with light up shoes. I'll have to steal pictures from someone and post them.
Sleeping tonight and beginning next week without feeling like I should be studying vocabulary is making me happy right now. Also, the thought of making Halloween costumes with Lindsey and Whitney, and the fact that Sami will be trying to make my hair less boring on Monday. (Not shorter, just more exciting - layers, possibly pin-backable fringe. We'll see how brave I get.)
4 comments:
I think Chile the country is spelled Chile. And congratz on the GRE!
Chili=food
Chile=country
Chilly=cold
I am fairly certain I didn't get a dummy section because I only did one math, one verbal, and one writing section. Weird, huh??
Wow, I didn't know you took the GRE already. Congrats with having it done! I hope you did as well and you would have liked to.
Post a Comment