- purses/bags - no matter how many of these I get, I still like buying both and finding reasons to use them
- journals
- those uncut pages on books
- taking off the seals on CDs and DVDs
- putting things together, like bookcases and CD towers, especially if a hammer is involved
- polka dots and stripes, together or separate
- banjos
- picture frames
- lamps
- jewelry with words on it (like my ring that says "To thine own self be true" and my bracelet with a Thoreau quote on it)
- awkwardness, especially someone else's
- colored shoes
- bumper stickers
- things that are free
- sushi, especially when it has tempura batter
- baking things when I actually have what I need (so in my mother's kitchen)
- inventing new milkshakes or smoothies
- yogurt
- boxes, especially wooden ones
- creating costumes, especially with other people
- politics (which was a surprise to me when I discovered it)
- answering questions or helping people to find the answer to questions
- text messages, especially funny ones
- road trips
- hats and scarves
- frisbees, especially ridiculous ones like the one in my closet with the history of England on it
- bracelets, even though I don't wear them very often
- my room
- really fun kleenex boxes
- blankets, and making them
- flying, especially the part where the plane leaves the ground
- organizing things
- really long, slow-moving movies
- BBC miniseries movies (is that redundant?)
- short stories and essays
- soda crackers
- bananas with plastic cheese (which I saw on Mr. Rogers)
- chopsticks
- music videos
- hanging pictures
- rain
- lists
- orange gum (Trident)
- pumpkiny things
I'm trying to find truth in words, in rhymes, in notes, in all the things I wish I wrote. - The Format
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Things I Like
For no particular reason:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like a lot of those things too (every DAY). Especially those uncut pages on books, wooden boxes, taking off in a plane, really long, slow-moving movies, rain and lists.
However, I heartily disagree with your fourth item. I do not like taking off those infernal seals on DVD cases. They always sever themselves on the corner of the case, leaving an impossible-to-grab strip across the opening.
I'll be givin' you a call when I next get a new DVD.
Post a Comment