Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I want in on the action.

Katherine has been posting poems every day for National Poetry Month, and even Clark posted something on the Review Fuse blog for it, and I kind of want in. I don't expect most of you to watch these, but I'm posting them anyway for the two of you who will. The first two are the wonderful Billy Collins (probably my favorite living poet, and also, I think I I've posted at least one of them before, in text form) and the last is a ridiculous video of T.S. Eliot reading his own "Lovesong of J. Alfred Prufrock." As if his reading wasn't ridiculous enough, they had to make that animation. But still, I love the poem, and his British accent (he was born in Missouri and went expatriot) and the fact that it reminds me of the time Katherine and I talked about making a poem video of it (like a music video) with a patient on a table and women coming and going talking of Michaelangelo someone wearing the bottoms of his trousers rolled. Amazing. Anyway, enjoy, and I hope to post a few more poetry-related things before the month is over.




2 comments:

Elise said...

I'm not going to lie, but I thought when you wrote "poem video" it said "porn video" and I was a little taken aback. But I stand corrected.

I love Billy Collins.

and

Check this out:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/05/books/review/Holt-t.html

Miri said...

Wow, wow, wow. That animation is so wonderful and creepy. Guess what else--after the video ends and the other related videos pop up, there's a picture of a guy who looks creepily like Gary Whitaker.