Sunday, January 3, 2010

Beginning of the Year Inventory

Year: 2010

Age: 23 (for another month)

Relationship status: Single, but happily so.

Hair length: just past the shoulder. Trimming this week, then seeing if my lack of proximity to Sami will allow me to finally grow my hair out a little bit. Currently not dyed, but considering trying something exciting with Jill in the near future - as long as it will fade out before the roots look gross.

Current church calling: Visiting teaching coordinator, book club . . . leader?

Current employment: OverstockDrugstore.com - marketing assistant; Herman B Wells library - IA

Current resident of: Bloomington, IN

Activities: Obtaining an MLS, working on the blogject, cooking a lot more than I used to even if I only have to make dinner once every two weeks, preparing to watch all of the Oscar winners for Best Picture with Jill, with a few possible substitutions. (Anthony Hopkins, I love you, but I'll probably skip Silence of the Lambs. Sorry.)

Currently reading: Anna Karenina in earnest, The Enchantress of Florence on the side. Excited to read the biography of William Wilberforce that I got for Christmas, and seeking a copy of The New York Mormon Regional Singles Halloween Dance by Elna Baker. It sounds hilarious.

Currently listening to: Noah and the Whale, Django Reinhardt, Fanfarlo, and still lots of The National, Bob Dylan and Andrew Bird. This American Life; Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me; The Moth; All Songs Considered; PRI Selected Shorts. Opera in various forms.

Currently watching: Dollhouse (only three more episodes!), House, V, Glee. Anticipating the final season of Lost. 

Recently seen: Sherlock Holmes, Invictus, An Education, Me and Orson Welles. Going to see The Young Victoria with Kellie on Monday.

Recently acquired: Blue boots, a Dr. Horrible calendar, a $70 black skirt that was on sale for $23.50, a librarian action figure complete with book truck, a rockin' book bag made by Lindsey, a new cook book and garlic press, penguin pajamas, a cooler copy of Tess of the D'Urbervilles.

Significant accomplishments of the last year: three awesome Halloween costumes; acceptance to graduate schools; an awesome Thanksgiving dinner, including a turkey and five pies; introducing my roommate Amanda to her now-husband James.

Goals for the new year: Will be posted on the blogject on Monday. At least the ones that I care to share with anyone. :)

4 comments:

Janssen said...

Love this! Can't wait to see the goals - it's always inspiring to see what other people are going to accomplish.

Drew said...

GLEE??

Meg said...

Janssen - my first goal is "Stop wishing I looked like Zooey Deschanel." It will take a lot of work.
Drew - Don't judge me for enjoying "Proud Mary" in wheelchairs.

grburbank said...

I think one my goals is to stop wishing I looked like Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Watching every Best Picture winner sounds exactly like my cup of tea. Have fun! And let me know if you ever finish Anna Karenina. I read about half of it a few summers ago and never finished. Now when I decided to reread/finish it, I'll have to start all over again.