Monday, January 25, 2010

In which I discard a dreary post from last week in favor of a happier post for this week.

I started a post last Sunday, but I was feeling a little down then, and since I never finished it, I'm not going to post it.
Things that were happy this week:


  • Going to Indy to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus with Jill. It was crazy, but I loved it. 
  • Institute choir is singing this gorgeous version of "The Lord is My Shepherd," which I know from the year Bryn Terfel sang at the Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert. It is seriously beautiful. I wish I could give you that version here, but it was also the theme for this show:
  • Ice skating in Indy this weekend - I didn't fall down and there was only minor bruising. The same cannot be said for Ann, whose first experience with skates wasn't as positive as we'd all like.
  • Planning my parents' trip out here for Spring Break. It's going to be awesome. 
  • I love it when I forget about bands and then remember about them and get really excited all over. I forgot about Noah and the Whale after the flights back here and remembered when Greg asked me to recommend more of their songs, and this weekend I revisited Travis. I haven't listened to them forever. I still like them.  
  • Branch potluck today = breakfast foods. I made buttermilk syrup, and it was awesome. I forgot how good that stuff is. Everyone else brought lots of eggs and sausages and juice - so good. 
Here goes another week!

1 comment:

ferskner said...

Bloodbath! Okay, it wasn't that bad. But I think the cuts were the culmination of a massive panic attack. So maybe it WAS that bad!

Also, I would rather have a bath of that syrup than the bloodbath on the ice any day.

Also, The Queen!