Wednesday, January 27, 2010

For My Records . . .

Here are the books I actually finished in 2009 (although there are a few that slopped over into 2010 that I'm leaving on the new sidebar tracker.


  • The Joy Luck Club, Amy Tan 
  • The Way the Crow Flies, Ann-Marie MacDonald 
  • Slaughterhouse-Five, Kurt Vonnegut 
  • The Accidental Tourist, Anne Tyler 
  • The Glass Castle, Jeannette Walls 
  • American Lightning, Howard Blum 
  • Coraline, Neil Gaiman 
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini 
  • Slam, Nick Hornby 
  • The Real Inspector Hound, Tom Stoppard
  • After Magritte, Tom Stoppard 
  • The Human Factor, Graham Greene 
  • Little Brother, Cory Doctorow 
  • Wintergirls, Laurie Halse Anderson 
  • 1984, George Orwell 
  • The Shipping News, E. Annie Proulx 
  • Made to Stick, Chip and Dan Heath 
  • The Secret History, Donna Tartt 
  • Run, Anne Patchett 
  • The Tales of Beedle the Bard, J.K. Rowling 
  • High Fidelity, Nick Hornby
  • Return of the Native, Thomas Hardy 
  • River Secrets, Shannon Hale 
  • Life of Pi, Yann Martel 
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, Mary Ann Scffer and Annie Barrows
  • The Dip, Seth Godin 
  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Jonathan Safran Foer 
  • Frankenstein, Mary Shelley 
  • Cold Comfort Farm, Stella Gibbons 
  • 4:50 from Paddington, Agatha Christie
Not a very impressive list this year now that I see it all written out, but hey - I was in grad school for part of it. Working on a new goal with Miri and Lin over at Reading Loons if you haven't seen it already, but this semester has been crazy so far, so we'll see how far I get. Either way, I just finished Anna Karenina, so I'm feeling good about myself. :)

1 comment:

grburbank said...

Congrats on finishing Anna Karenina. That's on my list of books I haven't finished and need to reread. I'm thinking maybe this summer, along with The Iliad. Hope you're enjoying Julie & Julia--I found it hysterically funny. I kind of want to read Cleaving, but I also don't want to ruin my vision of Julie and Eric's marriage.