So I was skimming through a book about a childbirth method last night, and I think the most useful things I got out of it were 1) the most comfortable way to sit when you're pregnant is "indian style" on the floor (with a pillow behind your hips especially), and 2) It's easier to squat down to pick something up than to lean over when you have a baby in there. (Not sure why I didn't figure this out on my own, but GOODNESS I've been groaning to myself every time I dropped something during the last few weeks of enormity.) I don't think those things were their main objectives, but working on the computer and getting my laundry out of the dryer were much easier today than they have been heretofore. Plus, I've been practicing abdominal breathing, so I feel like I'm in choir again.
Also, apparently I should have started practicing relaxation techniques more than 4 weeks before my due date. But I suppose the baby will get out of there regardless, so we'll get to that when it comes.
1 comment:
laughing about you squatting to get lower to the earth. funny. and yes, I too found that easier.
Post a Comment