Likes:
- Dancing, especially to The Batty Bat. I'm assuming this is because there's lots of twirling and waltzing and bouncing while I sing, "Batty batty batty batty batty batty . . ."
- Her feet. So tasty, those feet.
- Her rattle monkey, which she plays with while she's going to sleep and when she wakes up.
- Her Johnny Jump Up (thanks to my sister-in-law, who found it at Nickel Auction and snatched it up for me). She looks like a little ballet or tap dancer in it, and she spins around so she can't see me, then turns back when I say, "Where's CB?" and laughs when I say, "There she is!" I think she's figured out how to play with me, and it is adorable.
- Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, applesauce, rice, and solid foods in general. We've only been doing solid foods in earnest for about a week (we waited until we got back from vacation because I didn't want to mess with it on the road, and there are all kinds of recommendations about waiting until 6 months anyway, so I just went with it) but she has loved everything she's tried so far.
- Having Daddy change her clothes, because he pulls her pants off by the bottoms and it's HILARIOUS. Apparently.
- "This is the way the lady rides," especially when it ends with Daddy's version, "This is the way the dinosaur rides." The higher the bounces, the better.
- Kids and babies. She loves my nieces and nephews, and the other day when my friend brought her baby over, she started grinning at him and reaching for him.
- Yelling, squealing, shrieking, cooing, and generally making noise. Goodness, she is a loud, high-pitched baby, happy or sad.
- Baths, especially with her new bath toys.
Dislikes:
- Being alone in the back seat of the car too long.
- The third hour of church, and the lack of naps that happen during church.
- That moment when we put her down for a nap or bed (but then she starts sucking her thumb and goes to sleep about 95% of the time.
- Poop on her bum, especially when Mom has a cold and doesn't notice it for too long. (Oh, breastmilk poop. You are the best. I will miss you when you are completely replaced by solid food poop.)
Accomplishments and Adventures:
- Went to Oceanside, CA and Tucson, AZ.
- Had her first Christmas, mostly wanted to eat the wrapping paper.
- Rolling like a champ ALL OVER the place.
- Nearly sitting on her own, but kind of leans forward and holds herself up with her hands. I think she's close, and she sits well with support.
- Eats really well, and so far seems to be digesting it okay.
- Naps like a dream! Hooray!
- Seems to recognize her own name
CB, you are so funny. I love that you have started to play games with us. I love that you are learning about consonants and say "Mama," even though I know you don't know that's my name yet. I love that you started working your little jaw so you look like a nutcracker - which I realized later was the chewing reflex kicking in.
We've worked out the nap thing - at least for now. You were consistent all last month, and then when we got home from our epic road trip to California and Arizona, I decided I was going to break you of the habit of needing to nurse right before a nap in order to be drowsy enough to go down. Apparently the lack of schedule for the two weeks before worked in my favor, because you gave it up without much of a fuss - which means now Daddy can put you to bed or down for a nap, and Mommy feels a bit more freedom. I'm hoping the fact that we worked it out before you could stand up will be in our favor.
You are an endless supply of drool. No teeth yet, but I'm sure they must be in there somewhere, because you are constantly soaked. I've given in and now just leave you in a bib constantly.
You have a wonderful first Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa (more about that in another post) and although we got you a few things, you were mostly interested in the paper and we were glad that neither we nor Santa went too overboard on presents. You were a trooper while we hauled you all over the country, and you were pleasant with all of the relatives. You liked Santa when you met him at our family Christmas party, and you thought his beard was fun to touch, and then you started crying for no apparent reason and Daddy had to rescue you.
Your Dad's favorite thing about you right now is that you always hold your arms out at a 45 degree angle. If he pushes your arms down, they pop back up. If he pulls them up, they fall back down to that point. It's hilarious.
You are a continual delight, and I can't believe 6 months of your babyhood have gone by already.
Love,



No comments:
Post a Comment