I'm having some pretty awesome insomnia right now, so I thought I'd tell you about the amazing class I just signed up for. I can't wait for fall semester! Mostly I'll be taking a million English Ed classes - teaching reading, teaching writing, teaching English, blah, blah, blah. I have my practicum and classroom management to look forward to - what larks. BUT WAIT! I'm also signed up for racquetball (Beginning) and social dance (Intermediate, and mostly because I couldn't talk myself into two sports classes in one day - dance is usually a little more laid back than basketball or jogging.) But the class I am most excited about is my senior course. Most of the senior courses are about things like culture and the canon, Utopian literature, whatever. Yawn. (Just kidding. I'm sure these classes are all very fascinating in their own way. Just not as cool as the one I'm actually taking.) I was sad at first that Tolkien and Friends in Film was the same time as a class I have to take that is only offered once, but then I saw it, the class to end all classes: Hitchcock and Poe!!!I'm not sure this is quite as exciting to all of you as it is to me, but I ADORE both of these creepy, disturbed men, and I can't imagine a better way to finish off my time at BYU than with a class dedicated to both! Watch out on Halloween - I'm going to have some major ammunition this year.
This almost makes up for the fact that I can't do choir in the fall - I wouldn't be able to take this class if I were going to be singing every day, because at least one day is at 3, and one day goes late, probably so we can watch Hitchcock movies. I hope so.
Now, please, please say I'll finally be able to get to sleep . . .
1 comment:
This may sound weird but I am so jealous of you! I have read every biography, autobiography, and book about Poe, Hitchcock,and film. I've never had the fortune of taking a class on it but you are in for a treat.
Do you have an all time favorite Hitchcock movie?
Post a Comment