Friday, July 27, 2007

A Little Night Music

Here's a playlist I promised to post for Lili - a lot of the songs on here are songs for lonely night drives, and I've called the post A Little Night Music because they're the kind of songs that lose their potency when you're driving down the road on a sunny day with the air conditioner at full blast. This is windows rolled down, back roads driving music for those nights when it doesn't matter how much gas costs, you still have to drive the road to nowhere. (Photo by Dain Hubley)
I couldn't get a CD sized playlist I was satisfied with, so you'll have to customize if you want one. :) Also, if you recognize some of these songs from another playlist, it kind of evolved from that one.

1)"A Comet Appears" - The Shins
2) "A Little's Enough" - Angels & Airwaves
3)"My Oh My" - David Gray
4)"Hamburg Song" - Keane
5)"Love's Lost Guarantee" - Rogue Wave
6)"Lost on Yer Merry Way" - Grandaddy
7)"Alright"/"Ambulance"/"I Won't Blame You" - Pilot Speed (I've never been able to decide which one I like best for this mix - Pilot Speed's whole CD works as this kind of music)
8)"Wake Up" - The Arcade Fire (The exception - you could listen to this song any time and it would still work, but the lyrics work well with everything else.)
9)"The Finish Line" - Snow Patrol
10)"Vienna" - The Fray
11)"Amsterdam" - Coldplay
12)"Don't Explain" - Damien Rice/Herbie Hancock
13)"For the Best" - Straylight Run
14)"Cocoon" -Jack Johnson
15)"Cocoon" - The Decemberists
16)"Coffee and Cigarettes" - Augustana
17)"Cathedrals" - Jump Little Children
18)"Raining in Baltimore" - Counting Crows
19)"Travelin' Song" - Jackie Greene
20)"Straightjacket Feeling" - All-American Rejects
21)"Your Heart is an Empty Room" - Death Cab for Cutie
22)"You're On Your Way" - John Gorka
23)"Breathe Me" - Sia
24)"Mr. Curiosity" - Jason Mraz
25)"Pipe Dreams" - Travis

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best all time song for driving alone at night is "Radar Love" by Golden Earring. Does that date me? Yes it does. But if you like Kings of Leon you should go back and listen to them.