First, this bed at the Justices'. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed in my entire life. I'm not even kidding.
We ate at the Waffle House four times, and I ordered grits every time. I finally understand the David Wilcox song. "In the deep of the darkest night, there is a beacon...of yellow light. At the Waffle House, at the edge of the dark abyss, when confusion descends like this, deeper and denser. At the Waffle House, after the midnight hour I'm scraping the eggs and flour from the napkin dispenser..."
This is, I kid you not, a fried pickle. I also ate fried green tomatoes, fried apples, and fried cucumbers, not to mention fried chicken. All good, but I felt gross for days afterward.
Dad found his true calling - hat model.
For some people, the war of northern aggression never ended.
I learned a valuable lesson. Do not stand directly in front of a cannon. How true that is.
The water is gross. It probably comes from this water wheel. It's okay though, because you don't sweat as much down there, and if you drink as much water as you would in Utah you will pee a lot.
Some people gave up the Civil War grudges in order to embrace the Cold War - the Russian side of it.
Now if only I'd had a match...
Tragically, I don't have a picture of the creepy sign in the Huntsville Airport that required us to go to Florida to get out of Alabama. But that's another story for another day.
2 comments:
i think you noted all the best points....no piggly wiggly, though? waffle house is oh so good...unfortunately maryland is a little too far north for the chain. and it's true about the water thing...haha.
Those Atlantians shouldn't be mad at General Sherman anymore. They got back at him by building a really crappy tank during WWII and naming it after him. ;)
Post a Comment