So last night I went to watch a meteor shower - the first shooting stars I had ever seen.I don't know what it is, but for some reason, I ALWAYS miss shooting stars. I hear an "Oooh!" and by the time I look up it's too late. So when Dain called me at 10:00 last night and said that a meteor shower was supposed to hit its peak at midnight last night, I was there, and a small group of us drove out to Grantsville in the middle of the night to watch the stars.
It was fabulous. And I'm making a playlist in honor of the occasion (surprise surprise) in case I ever need stargazing music. It includes Muse's "Starlight," Radiohead's "Black Star," The Shins', "A Comet Appears," Cary Brothers's "The Glass Parade," etc. Good times.
Tomorrow night I take off for Seattle and I am SO EXCITED!!! I can't wait to see Carrie and go to Forks and see Landon in her wedding dress. Hurrah!
3 comments:
Megan- I was just is seattle and I had the best time. You must see the freemount troll, you know the big cement creature in ten things i hate about you. Furthermore, if you can go kayaking on the puget sound I recommend it. Have so much fun!
Once again, I must contribute to your playlist. I'll go from most obvious to most obscure:
"When the Stars Go Blue" - Ryan Adams (could also go in your previous playlist)
"Bobcaygeon" - The Tragically Hip ("I left your house this morning about a quarter after nine
Coulda been the Willie Nelson coulda been the wine
When I left your house this morning
It was a little after nine
It was in Bobcaygeon I saw the constellations
Reveal themselves one star at a time"
"When You Come" - Crowded House ("and that is why
I stumble to my knees
and why underneath the heavens
with the stars burning and exploding
I know I could never let you down")
"O Bebado e o Equilibrista" - Joao Bosco ("The evening fell like a viaduct, and the drunk dressed in mourning reminded me of Chaplin, the moon, like a brothel's madame, asked of every cold star some light for hire"
Please post about your trip to Forks...I want to see pictures and I want to know more about why you were there...but...I am not ready to talk about Eclipse so keep that in mind...
I finished the darn book in a day and I read it almost two weeks ago and I still can't talk about it.
I am digesting.
Post a Comment