Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Are You Havin' a Laugh?

Last night I made a list of all of things I have to do before the end of the semester.
And then I burst into tears, because I am an idiot and severely procrastinated the day of my repentance.
Okay, I didn't cry. But this is going to be fun. Tonight I'm anticipating closing out the library because I have FIFTEEN lesson plans to write. I was planning on 5. Whoops. (Clarification: we're on extended library hours now, so I've got until 2! Whoohoo! Is it sad that I was genuinely excited when I saw that?) It should be okay once I figure out how the unit is going to go . . . and in the good news department, after tonight it will be really easy to write the other 6 I need and to revise the 1 that was not so awesome. Right?
Also, I wish my teachers would stop killing trees and then expecting me to organize them into binders and files. It's not that I'm not grateful for all of that information, it's just that I have no idea where to put the giant stack of papers that is now lurking like that weird creature in LOTR (you know the one...before they go into the mines...and it flails around for awhile...that one), just out of sight on the keyboard shelf of my desk, waiting to latch onto my wrist when I least expect it and pull me under. It is truly a terrifying stack of information that I'm supposed to know to be a good teacher and haven't had time to do more than skim (if that).
One more week of this. And then I do it for the rest of my life. But at least I do it on my terms then?
Is it too late to rethink my life?

Also, on a relatively unrelated note . . . I want to go to see A Christmas Carol: On the Air at the Shakespeare Festival. I've wanted to go every year, but like anyone has time for Christmas at Christmastime. Is it wrong of me to think that a reading day would be a really good day to go? Because once I finish all of these projects, it will be smoooooth sailing. Sigh. Is anyone feeling irresponsible enough to take a Saturday in Cedar City?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not adventurous enough for the Cedar trip, but what I really wanted to say is: "I don't get the picture. I know where it's from, but I don't see the connection."

Megs said...

Well Matt, since you asked, the answer is Ricky Gervais is the one who says "Are you havin' a laugh?" in Stardust (which is funny because it's the catch phrase in his show, Extras) and I wanted to use that line and the picture followed.

Lili and Jeff said...

But Megan... you forget... you are MEGAN, which means you can do anything. So do what you must, and it will be wonderful!