So I'm trying to plug through to the end, and I am so close I can taste it, but I am sick of the library already. I feel so bad for the people who have to spend all semester, every semester here.Meanwhile, I'm approaching my last couple of days of hard core homework! Ever! (Unless I go to grad school. At the moment that prospect sounds less than appealing, but maybe after I have time to rejuvenate a little I'll be more amenable to the idea..) Anyway, I have 4.5 lesson plans, the rest of my unit planning assignment, the remaining 6 pages of my Hitchcock paper (and a LOT of revising on the first 9) and a few paltry tests and then I'll be the teacher. Mwahaha.
Not going to lie, I am not sorry at the thought of being through writing giant papers for awhile, no matter how scared of student teaching I am. Besides, I have cute new clothes to teach in, so it can't be all bad, right? (Mostly I'm just in a good mood about teaching because Dr. Thursby LOVED the unit that I planned last week - which is going to evolve into the unit I turn in this week, so that bodes well I think.)
Tomorrow is our lovely Jennie's birthday, so I've already blocked out the evening hours to go to the Bombay House and to watch Harry Potter 5, which Jennie is thinking of buying for herself. But since I will, no doubt, not be done with my project yet, and since Jennie also has a project, we decided to have the after-party in the library. We fully intend to close it out, (2 AM BABY! I'm SO glad I get to do this once more before graduation) and I really hope that by then I will be finished. I am so grateful that I had the option of doing my Hitchcock final on Thursday so that I could wait to turn that paper in until Monday - it saved my bacon and my mind. I'll be working on it during the Friday reading day and some of Saturday (and let's be honest, probably part of Monday too) with the MO TAB CHRISTMAS CONCERT jammed in there somewhere. Yay.
I'm actually looking forward to finals week - by 5:00 Monday at the latest (the last possible time to turn in my paper) I will only have a few pretty easy finals to worry about, and you know what that means!
Or maybe you don't, so I'll tell you. It means Gilmore Girls marathons! Soon to become a finals week tradition, we are prepared this time, because Miri just bought season 5, and since we are humanities-ish majors, we are pretty much home free once we get through the projects. I'll probably go to the movies a few times too. :)
I just realized that this is a very boring post. I'm putting off writing my lesson plans. In fact, I'm in the middle of one, but they aren't really useful because they are plans for what I would have taught if I'd been able to work things out with my cooperating teacher (but will never actually teach), and I have issues with things that aren't going to do anything but get me points. When did that happen? I used to do anything just for points! Am I a better student now that I am taking my actual learning seriously, or was I a better student when I got all of my homework done no matter what? I feel like it's the latter, but why?
3 comments:
not boring. informative. i liked it. and i like you. and i think you should come here. there's grad school in maryland, you know....hint hint.
Good job for making it through Megan! I am sure you will make a fantastic teacher!
I am sorry I can't make it to Jennie' Bday. Tell her Happiest of Birtdays, and I love her, and I will move in her for present, and mine.
wow, it IS a good thing i bought that season when i did, because that was basically my last hurrah- i have a wedding to save for, which means no more buying things just because i want them. (not that i could really afford to do that before... but now i have better motivation. :))
i am uber excited for tonight! yay!
Post a Comment