Monday, April 21, 2008

The Future Freaks Me Out

Well, I'm sure you've all been waiting with great anticipation for this playlist. The "Megan is Graduating and Scared/ College was Nice and Memorable" playlist is here at last!
  • "TwentySomething" - Jamie Cullum (I've posted this song before - it's amazing. "I'm an expert on Shakespeare and that's a hell of a lot, but the world don't need scholars as much as I thought. . ."
  • "College Kids" - Relient K
  • "The Future Has Arrived" - All-American Rejects (also "Move Along," which is less annoying to me, but this one fits the bill a little better even if it is from a Disney movie.)
  • "Best Days" - Graham Colton
  • "The Future Freaks Me Out" - Motion City Soundtrack
  • "My Apartment" - Ben Kweller
  • "Sleeping In" - The Postal Service
  • "Campus" - Vampire Weekend
  • "Still" - Ben Folds (with "Still Fighting It" hitting the long list)
  • "I'll Follow the Sun" - The Beatles
  • "Winter" - Joshua Radin ("I should know who I am by now")
  • "To Be Surprised" - Sondre Lerche
  • "Without Reason" - The Fray
  • "My Song" - Brandi Carlile
  • "Breathe In Breathe Out" - Mat Kearney
  • "People Get Ready" - The Frames
  • "Keep Breathing" - Ingrid Michaelson
  • "To Go Home" - M. Ward
  • "Stumbling Through the Dark" - The Jayhawks
  • "Stable Song" - Death Cab For Cutie
I'll add to it if I think of more, but here are the beginnings or so. Enjoy.

9 comments:

Lin said...

I'm sure you've thought of this and maybe didn't add it because it goes on a lot of playlists (at least for me) but Vienna by Billy Joel.

"Slow down you're doing fine. You can't be everything you want to be before your time....Take the phone off the hook and disappear for a while. It's alright you can afford to lose a day or two..."

Also - I'm pretty sure that All-American Rejects song is okay because it's from a Danny Elfman Disney Soundtrack and that man is just a genius.

Lin said...

Also, I love your playlists. they make me happy.

Miri said...

your blog makes me want a hot dog.

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

I knew you would like Vampire Weekend. The concert was amazing! It was in the same place we saw ben kweller which make it rocker even harder. great!

Lin said...

that's it! i totally want a hot dog when i look at your blog. i was trying to think what it reminded me of and the only thing that came to mind was summer - but a hot dog makes more sense. it's the red and yellow. those are the colors fast food places use to make you hungry...they've done studies I believe.

Miri said...

Well it does look like ketchup and mustard, and I don't even like ketchup, but I can't have a hot dog without it! It's the only food I'll eat ketchup with.

Also--I am almost ashamed to say that when I looked at the Archimedes quote I thought of SNL, and here's why: in that crazy dramatic font, the word "lever" looks suspiciously like the word "fever;" and if you change that word to "fever," then what else can you think of but "I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell"? Nothing, that's what.

Lin said...

and you pointing out "lever" and saying SNL in the same sentence reminds me of the SNL skit with Rachel Dratch and Will Ferrell in the hot tub when they just keep calling each other "love-ah" (lover).

also. i hate ketchup. a lot.

Krilafis said...

Can I just tell you that I love you.

I cannot find the words.

Which is good, its a first for me.

Clark Winegar said...

Here's another suggestion for your playlist: Responsibility by MXPX. Why this song? Well let me share some of the lyrics and see if you don't agree with them.

Responsibility? What's that?
Responsibility? not quite yet
Responsibility? What's that?
I don't want to think about it; we'd be better off without it

I'm still young and I'd like to stay that way
'Cause growing up won't make everything okay
I'm still young and I'd like to stay that way
I've got a voice and I've got a lot to say
I've got a lot to say. . .