Graduating from college was a really surreal feeling, but the atmosphere itself was a lot cooler than high school graduation. (Shocker, I know.) I loved seeing the faculty in their medieval robes (I definitely think the robes should be part of someone's decision to go to a school) and even started to feel less silly about the loveliness of OUR robes when I thought of them in terms of traditional significance. Not that I understand the significance, but I like the idea of there being some. Someday I'll look it up on Wikipedia and then I'll know.
Anyway, it was fun graduating with some friends - Katherine, Kellie, Amanda, Nate, and other people I found when I got there. We joked about how boring it was going to be and took in books (which I didn't read) and candy (which I did eat) and I started wondering if I should have applied to grad school since I am now at such a loss about what to do and everyone seems to know. I'm sure they don't all know, but it feels like they do.
Looking for jobs really freaks me out (which is why I took the summer job that fell into my lap - I don't even know how much it pays). I have a few applications in, but I really need to get after it hard core now, and I really don't want to. Add to that the fact that the killer team of M & M gets broken up this week and you have some major mind-blowing craziness. I need a new apartment and I am terrified about living away from Miri and Jennie and Whitney and Marci, but I really can't handle Belmont Apts. anymore. Krissie and I are talking about looking, so at least there would be that welcome lifeline.
I feel like a real wimp when I think about how my plan right now is to stay in Provo for a little longer because I'm afraid to go out into the world and leave my friends. Katherine's going to Michigan, Kellie to D.C., and I'm still here. I hope it all works out.
2 comments:
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see what you decide to do!
Nobody knows what they're doing - they're all just faking it too. Except maybe Katherine. :)
And for a discussion (much better than wikipedia, I might add) about graduation robes, go to speeches.byu.edu and look up Hugh Nibley's talk called "Leaders and Managers" I loved all 29 minutes and 7 seconds of it. In fact, I may email you a copy, just to ensure that you get one... :)
Post a Comment