So the last few days have been CRAZY. On Wednesday, Jennie and I went and spent the night at Miri's apartment. We saw Penelope (and fell in love with James McAvoy all over again) and then watched Gilmore Girls and cuddled on Miri's couch. It was very strange to be in the apartment where she will very shortly be living with Mike, but we had fun and it was happy.
On Thursday, we watched What Not to Wear together for the last time, and then I went and picked up Krissie and together we went to the airport to get Lindsey. It was a lovely reunion, with running into each other's arms and so forth. We went back to Miri's and ate Cafe Rio, then just goofed around for a little while until Jennie got out of class and we could go to Jamba. Miri had to go and get her family from the airport, so I took Lindsey to see Curt and then went to movie night in good old 36. We watched The Scarlet Pimpernel, which made me happy, as did seeing the old movie night group together still (a whole week after graduation). Lindsey and I slept over at Jennie's, and the next morning (after What Not to Wear), we helped Jennie a little with the cake and then went on a hunt for stuff for Miri's wedding - garter, something borrowed, blue, old, new, etc., and also for things for a basket o' memories that we decided to make for the happy couple. We got what we could, and then I let Jennie and Lindsey finish up while I drove back home and then hit the Swell Season concert (more about that later - can't put it in this particular post) which was FANTASTIC and WONDERFUL and EXHAUSTING all at once.
I got up super early (but not early enough!) on Saturday morning and went to Lili's sister's house in Lehi so she could curl my hair and Jennie's. We put on makeup and our lovely dresses and directed Bishop McGee to the wedding, and then we went there ourselves and got there just in time to help with some of the final touches when Miri got there. The whole thing was very nice, and we followed it up with pizza and got to present the new couple with our basket o' goodness. Mike and Miri even posed with the viking hat - amazing pictures to come.
There wasn't much time to sit around - Jennie had a cake to transport and finish, so we took off and grabbed all four layers and tried very hard not to let them die in the car. We went to Mike's brother's backyard and started helping with the setup - mostly to speed along the process of getting Jennie a table where she could assemble her cake! I think Lindsey and Jennie and I did most of the flower arrangements on the tables, and we generally ran around being useful until people started arriving, and then we went about the task of getting sunburned. I had my cell phone stylishly clipped to the ribbon on my dress, and I directed people who got lost (and saved Nate Kartchner's butt - he didn't read the invitation and didn't realize how early reception was. He showed up just in time to refuse to participate in the garter toss/flip/hurl.)
The post-wedding festivities included Village Inn and old friends (and crepes!) and then Martian Child at Jennie's place. Lindsey and I stopped and grabbed Subzero on our way out of town.
Today I dropped Lindsey off at the airport, and the whole thing is starting to set in, rather unpleasantly. I was terrifically pleased about the way the whole weekend came off, and I got to do everything I wanted to do as far as goodbyes and involvement and picture taking go, but now that I'm settling, I'm feeling the twinge that comes when anything big changes, and since Miri has been such an integral part of my life for the past three years, it's an adjustment thinking about my shift in role. We will always be friends I hope, but we won't be roommates anymore. The things that I'm facing now will be different than the things she faces - more so than ever before. Add that to the already sad prospect of not living with Jennie and Whitney to the still looming task of job hunting . . . the happy weekend is settling into a bit of a downer Monday. I'm sure things will look up on Tuesday, though, and I'm very happy for Mike and Miri. We have some amazing pictures, and I'll add them as soon as I get them from Lindsey or Jennie, since I just enjoyed the day and let them take the pictures.
Goodbye to my other half, who is now part of a different M&M.
A hug.
4 comments:
You put in the goodbye, but what about the good riddance?
Sorry, Miri. I love you to death but I cannot feel bad for you.
Tis Megan and I until the day I ship her off to be married to her own other half.
Here is to us, Megan, and our new wonderful life together and to finding our own Patty's Place to spend the rest of my college days and the beginnings of your new life as an old maid, I mean career woman.
I love you and....
A Hug.
Also, there is a song that I reserve for hateful Mondays. I have my own struggles with Mondays and always have. To help in that I created Monday Night Suit-Up and Martinelli Mondays. Those two things along with this song make Monday's bearable.
So, in case you didn't get that. The recipe is as follows.
2 Parts Megan and Krissie
1 part Monday Night Suit-Up
1 part Sparkling Cider
= The best way to avoid Post-Graduation depression.
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it
Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all
How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big, girl this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving
Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can have a town, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all
wow. krissie has turned into quite the commenter. She does have a way of making Mondays more bearable.
it's hard to marry off your best friend. I've done it three times now (Jamie, Crin, and my sister) with great success in all instances. I'm pretty sure Mike will be a nice addition.
Also, I love you. and I know this comment is nearly two weeks too late...but I had a fab time with you in Utah. It was so nice to be with my friends and to spend time with you and Jennie. And to be there for Miri's wedding was just perfect.
a hug.
Post a Comment