Tuesday, April 15, 2008

So what happens now?

So I'm finished with student teaching, and honestly, I thought I'd be posting about it, but so far the urge hasn't struck me, so I won't. Maybe later. Suffice it to say I'm done and excited about being so. I have my exit interview on Friday and a few things to do before that, but mostly I'm chill as can be and it's enjoyable.
I have a graduation playlist in the works, so look forward to that. It's pretty good so far.
I'm not excited about trying to get a job. I want one, but I don't want to look for one. It's scary. I sound like I'm five. That's one of the things on my list for the next couple of weeks - finish job applications and get some interviews. I'm not looking forward to it. Funny how in a lot of ways I am not nearly as shy as I once was, but in other ways I am almost more so. At the very least some of my insecurities have never gone away. It's not even the interviews I'm dreading - it's getting them. Weird, I know.
I still don't think it's really setting in that I'm graduating. I don't know if that's just because it isn't quite official yet, or if it's because I'm probably going to be sticking around these parts next year or what, but it's really bizarre. Kind of like the way that Miri getting married hasn't set in either. Yikes.
That's all I've got to say at the moment. I'm going to finish an application or two and then I'm going to go and book my flight to London. My life feels so so weird right now.

4 comments:

Makayla Steiner said...

Me too...on the shyness/confidence thing. I've grown up a lot in someways, and introverted in some other (often weird and irrational) ways. Like, I STILL have a hard time talking to people I really admire (adult people... like Dr. Cronin) and I don't know why. It's like they make me feel "little" or something - not in a belittling way... but you know.

So... essentially I guess I'm just saying, "Yeah, I get what you mean."

Lili and Jeff said...

Megan, your whole life lies ahead of you, and I think you should embrace such experiences and uncertainties of the future, because how exciting that at any moment your life could change, and take you places you never thought possible. Plus you are done with college. That is something I can only dream of. You are so lucky.

I just felt like saying something quite in depth at the mo.

Drew said...

Yes, I am with you. I like having a job, but I hate the process of finding one. Oh bother.

But good luck! There are jobs out there for us, we just have to find them.

Miri said...

megan, my friend, at this time i am not going to give you a sensitive, understanding, and encouraging comment about your post and current dilemma. no no. what i am going to say is this:

ken kesey looks like paul newman.

take that to the bank and smoke it.

a hug.