Well, I'm done.I had my exit interview on Friday morning, and Professor Ostensen gave me a lovely evaluation. It's so crazy that the only other classes I'll be taking at BYU before I have a real job will be the Poli Sci class I don't need and the Shakespeare class I've already taken (that I won't be writing papers for, thank goodness.)
In the meantime, I have a list of things to accomplish this week, but they shouldn't be too horrible, and I fully intend to finish The Road and learn to use Windows Movie Maker so that I can make a picture slide show. Graduation will be Thursday and Friday this week, and I already know that Elder Bednar is speaking at the main one. I don't really know what the deal is with Humanities graduation, but surely it will be exciting. And by exciting I mean very long and boring. I'm taking a book.
Meanwhile, Jennie and I threw a rocking bridal shower for Miri and Lili on Friday night, and Mom and I threw a rocking birthday party for Dad on Saturday night, and I can't believe how quickly time keeps marching on and making us older and real adults and working people and married people and retired people. It makes me wonder how people can really believe that there's nothing after this life. What would be the point if this was it? It's all so short and fast and crazy. I truly do not understand how it could not be preparation for something else or only one part of something bigger.
Today's my last day in the BYU 8th ward. It's funny - I was in the 129th ward for such a long time that I hardly feel like I've been here at all. Although I will very much miss my roommates and some of my friends, I won't be terribly broken up about leaving this ward. It was good while I was here and I love my bishop, but I didn't really throw myself into the social scene and there are a lot of people whose names I continue to not know. In other words, I won't be crying in church today because it's my last week here.
I also won't be crying when I move out of this tiny apartment. I can't even tell you how sick I am of climbing over stuff and having piles of stuff all over just because it is really a giant pain to find a place for everything, and then the piling contributes to the climbing and the annoyingness. Yes, I know that many people have much less than I do and I shouldn't be so ungrateful and discontent, but I will definitely be getting a bigger room when I come back down here in the fall (assuming I get a job.)
I think that's all of the mental runoff I've got for today, so I'm off to church. Cheers.
1 comment:
1. "there are a lot of people whose names I continue to not know." I like your verbs.
2. Follow the sun my eye, you're going to London. Sun = no.
3. :)
I am having fun posting snotty comments on your blog. Thanks for providing such a lovely venue.
Post a Comment