Tonight, oddly enough, someone asked me which Shakespeare character I would play if I could play any of them.
Oddly enough, I have been thinking about this, except not which I would play, but which I would be. (Really, I think these things.)
And I feel that in my heart of hearts I really am (or want to be) Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing. These are my reasons:
1) Beatrice is scathing and witty, but she usually uses her wit all in good fun.
2) I love these lines here:
DON PEDRO: Your silence most offends me, and to be merry best
becomes you; for, out of question, you were born in
a merry hour.
BEATRICE: No, sure, my lord, my mother cried; but then there
was a star danced, and under that was I born.
3) Gets the best confession of love possibly ever, which follows.
BENEDICK: I do love nothing in the world so well as you: is
not that strange?
4) Is played by Emma Thompson in the movie, and secretly (or openly) I have always wanted to be Emma Thompson.
5) She's loyal to her friends ("Kill Claudio!")
6) She can laugh at herself when her friends play a joke on her (especially if it means she gets Benedick in the end.
I'll be honest, the only ones I've actually been thinking about are 2 and 3, but I kind of like the others as well.
However, upon further consideration, I see that despite my best efforts, what I probably am in reality is Polonius.
You have to have a completely pointless post every once in awhile, right? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment