2) Torie referenced David Bowie and my amazing mix-making skills in one of her latest blog posts. That brings me great joy.
3) Have I mentioned lately how much I love All Songs Considered? I keep a Post It next to me whenever I listen to the show at work so I can write down artists I want to check out later, and today I found this list of 100 essential folk songs that you could also stream, and it was awesome. If you go to the website, you should listen to the show from the 22nd - Live Music from Bob Boilen's Desk. It's fantastic.
4) The fact that Emily and Whitney are coming up on Friday, and I'm heading to Cedar City on Saturday and staying in P-town on Saturday night. It should be a lovely holiday.
5) My parents are going out of town for a bit in the near-ish future, and so Mom was getting me some food so I can survive. Know what I'll be eating? Edamame. Hummus. Tortillas. Tortellini. It's going to be awesome. Especially because I'll be eating it while watching season 5 of Buffy.
6) The Rainmaker. Not the one with Matt Damon (which I think is a Grisham story) but the one with Katharine Hepburn and Burt Lancaster from the 50s. I am in love with this movie, and especially with Katherine Hepburn's character (to whom I relate a whole lot). See it. It's really, REALLY great, and it also solved the mystery of what Tom Selleck and Nancy Travis were quoting in Three Men and a Little Lady.
7) Good talk with Lin tonight. If she moves to West Virginia she'll be 20 whole minutes closer to me in Indiana. :)
8) My dad is completely in love with his new iPod. It's a wonder to behold (except when my mom gets jealous of it because he's spending too much time with it. hehe.) It's highly entertaining to teach him how to use iTunes. And computers in general.
9) Sorry this post is so video heavy, but oh my gosh. This clip pretty much had me dying in my lunch today. My favorite part is the word "entwottered." This is slightly PG-13ish, so if you're extremely sensitive, don't listen to Jeff Goldblume's (hilarious) tribute to himself after "a pride of baboons." (You'll probably be fine, I just like to cover my bases.)
Okay. That's all. I promise I'll post the 4th of July playlist that I made at Clark's request before the 4th of July.
4 comments:
Ok, I've never heard "Chicken Fat" before, but seriously--Robert Preston FTW! :)
What is FTW? I know what WTF is... but... lol.
And now I'm in the mood to watch Three Men and a Little Lady. And Three Men and a Baby.
I am so excited that you like edamame! It is one of my favorite things. They have these little bags of it at costco that come like twelve to a bag, I am pretty much in love! Also Thursday nights are good for me, if you want to meet somewhere between here and bountiful for ice cream or something that would be lots of fun. When are you moving?
I love it when my family goes out of town and I have the house to myself. Unfortunately, I am left to fend for myself food-wise. Hummus and a Buffy marathon sounds awesome. For the win!
Post a Comment