- "America" - Simon and Garfunkle
- "America the Beautiful" - Ray Charles
- "The Shot Heard 'Round the World" - Ween (School House Rock Rocks)
- "No More Kings" - Pavement (School House Rock Rocks)
- "American Pie" - Don McLean
- "America" - Neil Diamond (definitely Clark's request)
- "Headin' For the Hills" - The Limeliters
- "Do America" - Mark Knopfler
- "Pride (In the Name of Love)" - U2
- "This Land is Your Land" - Woody Guthrie
- "American Tune" - Paul Simon
- "George Washington" - Hope of the States
- "Our Brother's Blood" - Joshua James
- "Saturday in the Park" - Chicago
- "One Headlight" - The Wallflowers ("She said it's cold, it feels like Independence Day, and I can't break away from this parade . . .")
- "Rusty Old American Dream" - David Wilcox (what's more American than a car?)
- "The American" - Martin Sexton
- "Thrice All American" - Neko Case
- "With God On Our Side" - Bob Dylan
- "Because All Men Are Brothers" - Peter, Paul and Mary
- "Fireworks" - The Whitest Boy Alive
I'm pretty sure there were some others I was supposed to put on here, but that's what I've got for now (because my 4th weekend festivities are going to begin shortly). Happy 4th of July!
1 comment:
Because I know you love country so much, I thought I'd add a country song or two for you... lol.
1. God Bless the USA - Lee Greenwood
2. Independence Day - Martina McBride
3. Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue - Toby Keith
4. American Child - Phil Vassar (that one is maybe my favorite...)
:) You have a good list here, insofar as I know. I always glean new and interesting stuff from your playlists.
Have a good holiday!
Post a Comment