Pumpkin Month foods so far:
- Low-fat Pumpkin Sundae
- Dr. Dean's pumpkin bars
- Pumpkin pecan ice cream from Brewster's
- Jill's pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- This pumpkin roll
Highlights from Jill's birthday party:
Jill's reaction to our amazing gift, Heat Wave by Richard Castle. Yes, it's a fake book. That they really wrote.
D'CALC!
Steve's amazing t-shirt, "I Attended Brecklyn and Jill's Birthday Bash 2009."
The birthday girls.
Sarah was Buffy! Best costume ever.
Movies we've watched for scary movie month (needs to be stepped up a little):
- Night of the Hunter
- The Others
- Marnie
- Stage Fright
- Rebecca
- The Innocents
- The Haunting
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Notorious
- Signs
- Psycho
So yeah. Also, we went to the 70th anniversary screening of The Wizard of Oz, which was delightful, and tonight I saw Where the Wild Things Are, which I adored.
I don't think I mentioned our amazing trip to Indy a couple of weeks ago either. We went up to this play called Dark Pages, which was pretty amazing. It involved Edgar Allan Poe, Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle, Queen Victoria, Lizzy Borden and other various crazies, and we went about the house in search of Jack the Ripper. My favorite part was when Edgar Allan pulled a heart out of a box and Sherlock's deduction was, "Well, let's move along. This man is clearly deranged, but he is not the Ripper." How did he come to that conclusion? Because typically when I see people holding hearts, I don't really rule them out as serial killer suspects. But that's just me.
4 comments:
Haha I love it. My mom makes a pumpkin roll like that for Thanksgiving every year and I'm pretty sure it's almost more popular than the actual pumpkin pie. Soooo good. Also, that candle on the table looks just like a pumpkin spice candle I just bought from Bath & Body Works...
My word, do you live a fun life or what?!
Why Miri, who I haven't met but have heard plenty about, that IS a pumpkin spice candle in that picuture. Impressive candle recognition skills you've got there...think that could be marketable in some way?
Dear Jill,
I wish! Let me know if you hear of anything.
Also, I am glad you are taking care of the other half of my head.
:)
Post a Comment