Monday, September 27, 2010

An open letter to the Postal Service (not the band)

Dear USPS:

Yes, I am annoyed that you lost the care package I sent to Texas a month ago (Priority! Why doesn't priority mail EVER work for me?) and yes, I am afraid to use your services to do some of my moving in the coming months, as was my plan. I'm not sure I want to entrust my books and DVDs to your apparently sub-par care. No, delivery confirmation doesn't make me feel better, because I am sending things to my mother and my fiance, and you said it doesn't track anything, it will just tell me when it gets there. THEY will tell me when it gets there. Yes, you are causing me stress, and yes, I'm annoyed that the only thing I can do about it is pay you more money so you'll "insure" my package. Frankly, I think if you lose it, you should just pay for it. Or, you know, find it. But I guess you're running a business. A business that loses packages.

How much more is UPS?

Love,
Megan

3 comments:

grburbank said...

What can Brown do for you?
(Is that still their slogan?)

I'm sorry. Lost packages (and luggage) is one of my major anxieties.

Brittany said...

Remember that time Fed Ex lost the booth but delivered the lid??...I think you might just be cursed with bad shipping voodoo :)

Sean and Jennie said...

sorry they keep losing your stuff, how annoying!