Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Edward, Time Capsules, and From-Behind Hugging

In honor of the amazing book, Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging, I'm considering writing my own book about my love life, which will also be completely blown out of proportion (since that's what I'm doing anyway). The title of this post is the title that Carrie suggested for my narrative, with one change, inspired by my brother. ("Meg, you can totally use this. You make a time capsule. You write about how you feel about this kid, and then when you break up with this other one you tell the first one that it was him you liked all along. When he doesn't believe you, you take him out and dig up the time capsule, and as you open it and the steam rises . . ." Only Ty would think of this as an option for fixing my love life.)What say ye?
I've decided that I'm making my life WAY more dramatic than it needs to be, which is probably because I REALLY need to get out of the Glenwood. There comes a point where having history with half of the boys in the ward (whether they know it or not) is ridiculous and annoying rather than funny. Ugh.
So here will be what's on the back of my book:
Edward: A fictional vampire, but boy do I ever wish he were real. If only the problem was just that the guy has a teensy-weensy desire to suck my blood. . .
Time Capsules: Those dumb things you bury in the back yard with a newspaper clipping and a list of what you ate for lunch. Also my brother's idea for how I can get the man of my dreams to declare his love. Long story.
From-Behind Hugging: A really cute way of showing affection that not only scares me to death, but also leaves me without a clue how to respond. What do I say . . . I missed you too?
Okay, it needs some work, and I'm not British. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon . . .
As you can probably tell, I don't have much to say at the moment . . . I just want to put off my homework. And the picture has nothing to do with anything . . . unless you want to think about how I have too much to chew right now. Ha.

3 comments:

Lin said...

i am so happy you are reading this book!!! you should read them all - if only to know what is going on in the sixth one - "Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers" - it's SO funny!

p.s. i have dubbed your hamster....SEAMUS the Hamster. major past times include sleeping, eating carrots, and creating a underground hamster spy network for the betterment of hamsters all over the world.

Lili and Jeff said...

Megan... Absolutely amazing. If I saw that on the back of the book, I would definately sit and read it in the store at the very moment I read it... Seriously, laughed my head off! You articulated it so perfectly! Such a glorious sense of humor! I love the bit about the time capsule. And edward. And everything. Also, I melted at the pic of the hamster! SOOOOO CUTE! I miss my hamster, and I want one SOOO bad. I am going through Sturgeon Withdrawals. Also, yes, you do need a new batch of boys. The boys who are consciences that you are such a hot commodity. They will soon see, don't you worry. And remember, you are going to marry Drew, so none of these boys really matter anyway. They are just to pass the time!

Krilafis said...

I already love you and I don't even know you yet.

Georgia Nicolson has been a life long friend that has gotten me through rough and smooth timeosities...not in a lezzy touchy americano hamburgeo way..but in a bestest pallys chum to the bum way.