I'm pretty sure most of you don't care, and I'm sorry that my blog has been so music heavy lately, but I was thinking last night that it would be fun to have a playlist of the week (or some other period of time to be determined) and I made one that I quite liked this week, so I thought I'd start today.
For those of you who don't know, I love putting music together, especially by style or common theme or whatever. So I usually have several playlists in progress and I add to them as I find songs that apply. Most are based on lyrics that I like, although I did just make one based on how fun and upbeat the songs were because I wanted to drive around with my windows rolled down and my stereo turned up.
SO. Playlist of the week. I call this one "Don't Go to Pieces," and it was designed specifically for nights when I am upset and need to get out and drive around. It seems more productive than listening to angry music.
1)"Heaven Forbid" - The Fray
2)"Let It All Out" - Relient K
3)"Don't Go to Pieces" - Hope of the States
4)"Amsterdam" - Coldplay
5)"Tell Me Something Good" - The Rocket Summer
6)"The Heart of Life" - John Mayer
7)"Waitin' For A Superman" - The Flaming Lips
8)"Kind of Hope" - Pilot Speed
9)"Rough around the Edges" - Teitur
10)"Existentialism on Prom Night" - Straylight Run
11)"Monsters" - Band of Horses
12)"New Slang" - The Shins
13)"Safe" - Travis
14)"Have You Got it in You" - Imogen Heap
15)"Don't Let the World Get in Your Way" - The Jayhawks
16)"The World You Love" - Jimmy Eat World
17)"Bend and Break" - Keane
18)"Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of" - U2
Travel sized for your convenience (all fits on one CD). So if you care, there it is. Feel free to post other favorite venting/feeling better songs. Obviously there are many more that could be on my list (I cut a few or sent them to other lists) but this was what ended up on the CD, and it seems to be working well. I gave it a test drive up the canyon the other day - awesome.
6 comments:
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - that does it for me usually. U2 is pretty much amazing. also i think you should make us a playlist for london - since i'm sure you know all the fab songs to listen to while touring.
Very good, very good. Such a grand idea. Like your journal page! It is always nice to have such a play list as that. Just don't crash when you go driving around.
I definitely have a list of London songs - I made a CD for all of my London roommies, but I'll have to get the playlist from them because it is lost. I'll post it asap.
I like the playlist Meg. Here's my playlist of the week. I would guess that this will win playlist of the year in December when your nerdy friends vote on that stuff (or when I vote by myself in a Word doc that I'll email to myself).
1. Black Mirror - Arcade Fire
2. Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
3. Neon Bible - Arcade Fire
4. Intervention - Arcade Fire
5. Black Wave-Bad Vibrations - Arcade Fire
6. Ocean of Noise - Arcade Fire
7. The Well and the Lighthouse - Arcade Fire
8. Antichrist Television Blues - Arcade Fire
9. Windowsill - Arcade Fire
10. No Cars Go - Arcade Fire
11. My Body is a Cage - Arcade Fire
For those keeping track at home, this is the entire new cd by Arcade Fire, Neon Bible. If you don't like this cd, please don't ever post another comment on this blog or any other blog that I might stumble onto and read. "Who's gonna throw the very first stone...Oh, who's gonna re-set the bone?"
Go buy this cd right now and listen to it until you like it. It will make you smarter and better looking.
I don't know you, but I love you.
When I make a play list, it also helps me to have my friends record some things and then add it to the CD. Its way easy and when mixed with the songs and lyrics...its perfect.
Please, please make us a playlist for London. We need one that is excessively good at Bashing. Because that is what we will be doing. Bashing around London, I mean.
no...really krissie means we will be bashing some heads in. we figured if we do it correctly, we'll be back to the states before anyone realizes what happened. haha. also, i love that you two are commenting to each other - you both make me want to be smarter. haha.
Post a Comment