The Readiness Is All

I'm trying to find truth in words, in rhymes, in notes, in all the things I wish I wrote. - The Format

Thursday, May 24, 2007

This, to me, is college

Posted by Megs at 9:42 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Labels: calvin and hobbes, college life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About Me

My photo
Meg
When my friend told me that his family had a lemon tree in their backyard, I started singing the song about how lemon trees are pretty and their flowers are nice, but you can't eat the fruit. He said they made lemonade out of their lemons. I said, "Well, that's very optimistic of you."
View my complete profile

Books Read in 2013

Currently Reading: The Shadow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafon;
Read: Foundation and Empire, Isaac Asimov, Second Foundation, Isaac Asimov, Love Life and See Good Days, Emily Freeman; Man Walks Into a Room, Nicole Krauss; Home: A Memoir of My Early Years, Julie Andrews; Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, Shopaholic Ties the Knot, Shopaholic and Sister, Sophie Kinsella; Stories I Only Tell My Friends, Rob Lowe; Cinderella Ate My Daughter, Peggy Orenstein; The Tipping Point, Malcolm Gladwell; The Fault In Our Stars, John Green; Shopaholic and Baby, Sophie Kinsella; A Different Blue, Amy Harmon; Watership Down, Richard Adams; Mini Shopaholic, Sophie Kinsella, The One and Only Ivan, Katherine Applegate; State of Wonder, Ann Patchett; The Midwife: A Memoir of Birth, Joy and Hard Times, Jennifer Worth; Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein; Gulp, Mary Roach; Divergent, Veronica Roth; Insurgent, Veronica Roth; Free Range Kids, Lenore Skenazy; Stardust, Neil Gaiman; The Shoemaker's Wife, Adriana Trigiani; Blink, Malcolm Gladwell; The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman

Blog Archive

  • ►  2016 (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2015 (4)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2014 (11)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2013 (19)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (3)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2012 (32)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (1)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (64)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (19)
    • ►  January (14)
  • ►  2010 (31)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (2)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2009 (116)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (9)
    • ►  March (10)
    • ►  February (13)
    • ►  January (14)
  • ►  2008 (135)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ►  September (27)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (9)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (13)
    • ►  January (9)
  • ▼  2007 (159)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (20)
    • ►  October (29)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ▼  May (19)
      • Lest We Forget
      • Child Abuse?
      • I'm playing with my blog again. I can't decide whe...
      • I think about this all the time.
      • This, to me, is college
      • Vindication
      • So today I was dorking around on the internet and ...
      • Back Off, Simon
      • The Virtual Quote Wall
      • Jam, Anyone?
      • 'Til There Was You . . .
      • Three Things
      • Footbinding for the 21st Century
      • No title
      • Naming the Problem is the First Step
      • I Guess I'll Always Be This Way
      • So it was annoying when construction started on th...
      • We May Be Some Sorta Crazy: The Adventures of Team...
      • My Psyche Hurts
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (12)
    • ►  January (6)

Blogs I Read

  • Is there a Felicity in the World Superior to This?
    Dublin and Belfast trip, July 16-21, 2026
    2 weeks ago
  • Sean & Jennie
    San Diego Reunion
    3 weeks ago
  • Segullah
    Announcing Segullah November 2025 issue
    7 months ago
  • The Sisters' Cafe
    Adakah Manfaat Menjaga Toilet untuk Kesehatan? Cek Alasannya!
    6 years ago
  • Kuab Ci lub Tswv Yim
    Welcoming FBG
    6 years ago
  • dear daughter(s)
    6 years ago
  • Pen and Pencil
    Princess and Pirate inc. #movember (D)
    7 years ago
  • E*Turney*Ty
    July 2017
    9 years ago
  • Hinkypunk Station
    The Long and Unexpectedly Short of It
    9 years ago
  • Housewife Eclectic
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Power Shake
    9 years ago
  • Everyday Reading
    Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
    9 years ago
  • Oh Frabjous Day!
    Oh Hello There!
    9 years ago
  • The Mark on the Wall
    Brief Notes from March and April
    10 years ago
  • Pear in a Partridge Tree
    Going Back to Work
    10 years ago
  • On How to be Lovely
    Heartbreak in All Its Forms
    10 years ago
  • The Hass-Barks
    Um....
    10 years ago
  • Voice of Reason
    Groupon, groupoff: On becoming a travel discount master (mistress?)
    11 years ago
  • maBlog
    An Alleged "Day at the Seashore"
    12 years ago
  • PostSecret
    The New PostSecret Book
    12 years ago
  • the Serialist
    Aetherra; by Isaac Ostlund; Chapter 2, Reunion, Part 4
    12 years ago
  • Luke, Brittany and Baby Rebarchik
    10 Things I Do To Procrastinate Writing My Thesis...
    12 years ago
  • The Unexpected Culinarian
    The Unexpected Culinarian is Expecting!
    12 years ago
  • Last First Kiss
    Much needed help...
    12 years ago
  • Jared & Sam
    So far in 2014
    12 years ago
  • Jackson Art
    Hope for Josh
    12 years ago
  • Our Year of Cake
    Ann's January Bread - Biscuits
    12 years ago
  • Annilygreen
    My Mountain
    13 years ago
  • To Be Continued
    Resolutions
    13 years ago
  • KO photography
    Mini session...
    13 years ago
  • Syd Meets World
    Being Brave in A New City
    13 years ago
  • s+c = savages
    five whole years
    14 years ago
  • This is My Life....Whamo!
    My New Mottos:
    14 years ago
  • In a MajorGr00ve
    Update
    14 years ago
  • ultra vroom
    15 years ago
  • aredshirtwife
    First Convention
    15 years ago
  • Wanna? Dareya.
    New Blog
    15 years ago
  • Frugal Wife = Wealthy Life
    Price Adjustments (Janssen)
    15 years ago
  • Three Free Copies
    Goodbyes
    15 years ago
  • Hopefully Mormon
    15 years ago
  • LONDON CENTER SPRING 2006
    Julia Woodbury Update
    16 years ago
  • The Virtual Quote Wall
    Ah. That clears it up.
    16 years ago
  • It's Me
    17 years ago
  • through the looking-glass
  • Em-agine That!
  • Our Happily Ever After
  • Sisters-in-Long - Recipes for Life
  • » Just go to college.
  • Whitney and Matt
  • True love and high adventure...
  • We're getting on.
  • Kinsey Holt Photography
Show 10 Show All

Followers

The Blogject

On How to be Lovely Blog

What came first, the music or the misery?

What came first, the music or the misery?
People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?

I must be what I must be and face tomorrow.

I must be what I must be and face tomorrow.
So, I'll continue to continue, to pretend my life will never end, and flowers never bend with the rainfall.

It's curtains for you, Dr. Horrible.

It's curtains for you, Dr. Horrible.
Lacy, gently wafting curtains.

"Man, when you lose your laugh you lose your footing."
Awesome Inc. theme. Theme images by GelatoPlus. Powered by Blogger.