Monday, June 18, 2007

My Bishop Rocks

The crappy thing about student wards is always having to say goodbye. Yesterday our bishopbric of three years was released, and it was much more sad than when a bishop is released in a normal ward, because we don't get to associate with the bishopbric anymore.
I've had the same bishop the whole time I've been in college, and Miri and I actually kept staying here because we loved Bishop McGee so much. I'm not really a crier, but I cried through most of yesterday's sacrament meeting. (Luckily, Miri was getting over a cold and had enough tissues to keep us going. Yeesh.) Bishop McGee helped us through a lot this year, and Sister McGee became a dear friend and sister. (She even read Twilight. haha.) The new bishop seems like a great guy, and I'm almost sorry that I won't be here to get to know the whole bishopbric, but it just wouldn't be the same. If that's going to change, I'm glad everything is changing.
So, to the bishop who inspired me to buy the above t-shirt (which says "my bishop rocks"), and to the rest of our amazing bishopbric and their families, we will miss you.

1 comment:

Lin said...

oh how i love bishop and sister mcgee. *tear*