Monday, June 18, 2007

Not Slacking . . . Much

For those of you who didn't think I had a good reason for disappearing during the last few months. When I said I needed to read, I meant it. Keep in mind the fact that I wrote at least a page for almost all of the books for class.
A list of the books I've read since January - * indicates I didn't finish the book but plan to, + indicates I had already read it (so I probably skimmed it.):

Before school started:
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson

For English 420 (Adolescent Lit):
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
Carrie by Stephen King
The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristen D. Randle
Breaking Rank by Kristen D. Randle
Tenderness by Robert Cormier
Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Bee Season by Myla Goldberg
Blue Sword by Robin McKinley
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
The Raven Ring by Patricia C. Wrede
Seven Daughters and Seven Sons by Barbara Cohen and Bahija Lovejoy
Gypsey Rizka by Lloyd Alexander
My Name is Sus5an Smith. The Five is Silent by Louise Plummer
Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes by Christ Crutcher
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
An Experiment in Criticism by C.S. Lewis
Radical Reflections by Mem Fox
Lives on the Boundary by Mike Rose*

For English 362 (American Lit 1865-1914)
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain+
The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
(Lots of short stories, poems, etc.)

For fun during and between Winter and Spring Semesters:

On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God
by Louise Rennison
Knocked Out by my Nunga-Nungas by Louise Rennison
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynn Jones

Spring Semester

For English 345 (Literature and Film) :
We: Understanding the Psychology of Romantic Love by Robert A. Johnson
Pride and Prejudice
by Jane Austen+
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte+
Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy*
A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis+ (I did reread this entire book - all 75 pages.)
Shadowlands by William Nicholson

For English 365 (Contemp. American Lit: Postmodernism):
The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy
Jazz by Toni Morisson
Eve's Apple by Jonathan Rosen
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich*
Mama Day by Gloria Naylor

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Very VERY awesome list. Your reading amazes me!